FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, January 11, 2004

Write down all the things that you'd like to say

Well, here I am. I know a whole week as passed by but by my standards the fact that I’ve just got out of bed to write this is some feat. I’ll perhaps recap the past week if my persistence holds out but today bears some scrutiny…
I’m beginning to feel like I’ve outstayed my welcome here. Here, for the uninitiated, is the home of my bestest friends Reckless & Dream Girl & their four kids: Scared of haircuts, The Eavesdropper, Noisy but sweet & Cutieboy. I’m really sad about this for no other reason than I’m disappointed in myself for letting it happen.
Today has been odd. Today, perhaps for the 1st time, I’ve felt isolated. I’m pretty sure that nobody has chosen to make me feel this way & that any actions that have have been unwitting. At the same time though it can’t be dismissed as paranoia. It’s a strange empty feeling, kind of uncomfortable rather than painful.
Other factor today: The Boy. I have missed my 4-year-old son like crazy this week yet today he has driven me mad! He didn’t do anything wrong really. I’m concerned that he may be the loudest child ever known, even his whispers drown out the telly!
Work has been very dominant in my life this week. It was nice to go back to my other “family”. There’s been a lot going on. One of our competitors has gone tits up, leading to an imminent upsurge in business. There are also job changes afoot. In the lab (where I work) we’re currently trying to recruit Annoying, Miserable & Bald’s replacement (or should that be improvement?). So far it’s between Decent Sort With Bad Teeth, Not Right (as if!) & Buddy with Boobs (bless her). Delusions Of Grandeur will probably apply on Monday & he has to be the favourite. I would dearly love Buddy With Boobs to get it & for all the right reasons too. She would be so happy to get it & I suspect that if she beat her nerves she could be a fine lab technician. Then of course Wind Up Merchant’s new position means that the main production line supervisor’s job is open. I have, after much thought, decided to apply. I don’t really want the job but I think applying could reveal where my future in the company lies & it could also lead to a very welcome pay rise (I’m not going to hold my breath though, which when you think about it, is a very silly thing to do anyway…unless you’re underwater…or being gassed…erm…).
Also this week I have discovered the wonder of e-bay. Earlier in the week Buddy With Boobs, in a rather out of character moment, suggested that she’d like to come & see a band with me. I told that Easyworld were touring & that The White Stripes were doing some gigs but that I was sure they’d sold out. Still I checked NME.com & sure enough they had. Then the link to e-bay caught my eye. Moments later I discovered that our tickets were in plentiful supply so the bidding ensued. The next day, with my other bestest friend Funny Dance doing the clicking, we got right into it! With just 3 minutes to go we put a bid in for 2 tickets to the Brixton academy show. £76. As the seconds ebbed away me & my audience of Crisp Fiend & They’re All Whores watched transfixed as every time it refreshed our bid remained the highest. Refresh again, 47 seconds - still top. 23 seconds – still top. 8 seconds, click refresh, rub eyes & shriek in horror as the screen reappears & some bastard has gazumped us by 2 quid! BASTARD!! I have to confess the whole thing was thoroughly exhilarating! Akin to watching a striker burst clear of the defence in the last minute, lobbing the keeper & seeing the ball bounce harmlessly off the bar. With the mission left in Funny Dance’s capable hands the tickets were acquired so Buddy With Boobs & I shall go to the heart of our wondrous capitol’s seedy underbelly to see the magnificent White Stripes play in a great venue, on a Friday night, 2 days after my birthday. Ace!
Buddy With Boobs & I have a strange relationship. We are very close friends, lovers in all but deed & both kind of lonely. We’ve been this way for 4 or 5 years now. Our marriage vows have always stopped anything ever happening (just hers for the last 18 months, obviously!) but there remains an irresistible sexual energy between us. I think we both suspect that we’ll end up shagging one day. If history hadn’t educated me so well I’d swear that day was getting closer. We often talk about her poor sex life (I have none to speak of!) since her & FuckwitHusband got camera phones (I want one SO much!!) they have getting a bit rude. So on Tuesday, I picked up her phone & started nosing, telling her I was gonna find one of these photos. She was quite alarmed at first but then relaxed, safe in the knowledge I would find nothing. Then, there it was: A grainy but clear photo of Buddy With Boobs’ left breast being cupped for the lens. Yes! Buddy With Boobs was mortified! We both laughed our bloody heads off. It was a great moment (and a little bit of a turn on). My sex life has displayed some tiny green shoots of recovery this week. My mate & colleague, Crisp Fiend, has a “fancy bit” (her words) in Somerset & she has a collection of friends who would apparently be more than happy to get jiggy with me despite none of them ever having seen me or spoken to me. If I’m totally honest I’m a bit perturbed by the lack of romance involved. Anticipation is a much more potent drug than expectation. That said, any opportunity to end the longest dry spell since the day I entered into the sexual arena (15 oct 1986 with Horny As Hell) is going to be grasped firmly with both hands. It has now been 8 months since my last full romp. This is not an acceptable state of affairs.
Anyway, all this attention to the week’s events has lifted my spirits & I feel much happier than when I started 90 minutes ago. It’s like therapy! Hopefully this will galvanise me into writing more frequently. No promises though, this is ME we’re talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home