FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, January 12, 2004

Cartrouble..oh yeah

Sunday was un-eventful but today’s been good on the whole. I was worried at quarter past five this morning when the battery light on the car stayed lit. I knew that it meant a problem with the fanbelt & that the alternator wouldn’t be charging the battery. Ha! See the fact that I knew that was something of a revelation for I am utterly-useless-cackyhanded-man when it comes to all things practical. Can’t fix bugger all me! So I got Funny Dance to help me. He came through a treat as well. I would be so lost without Funny Dance. We’ve been friends since we were 15 years old, oddly we haven’t hung out much lately but we probably converse every day or two. Favours mostly, we’re always doing each other favours. More often than not it’s me needing help. Funny Dance is who I call when I run out of petrol or need a tenner till Friday or when I need someone to get me White Stripes tickets off e-bay. He never seems to weary of lending a hand & it’s a huge credit to him. He’s a diamond.
At work I put my letter of application in for the supervisor’s job, still not convinced of everything but I’m gonna play it cool.
Buddy With Boobs texted me tonight just to say that she’s missing me, which is a lovely warm thought to a lonely git like me. I’d love a cuddle.
I think Dream Girl is pissed off at me about something, I truly don’t know what it could be. Perhaps just my continued presence here is irritating her. If so, I don’t blame her nor do I have any ill feeling toward her. It just saddens me to think….oh, I don’t know.
Sad music waffling alert!! (If anyone gets bored skip to the next bit but hey, it’s my diary & I have to be me, right?) I have been thrown a curveball, something truly unexpected has happened. To briefly explain, I am often quite loyal & sentimental about bands that I like. Even when they don’t really excite me anymore I’ll still buy their albums out of devotion (usually on the cheap though!). One case being Del Amitri. A band I used to be well into & the main bridge between the 80’s synthpop world I used to live in & the indie/alternative guitar land that I now inhabit. Just before Christmas I picked up their last album, “Can you do me good?” for a fiver. It had been out for 18 months or so & I kept meaning to get it. Truth be known I had little hope for it but I thought I better give it go, so it soundtracked bathtime the other day. Now I can’t stop listening to it, it’s great! Songwriting on a par with “twisted” or “waking hours” & a groovy (yes, groovy!!) new sound thing going on. Perhaps I should bits like that in another colour so that people who don’t know or care what I’m babbling on about can get through this untroubled by such musings.
Well, I better go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home