FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

"I like noise 'cos I like waking up the house"

Nothing to report really but I’m very aware that there are a couple of things from pre-Snowdonia that I never told you about. Can’t remember the date but it was FA cup semi-final weekend. The Boy & I went up to Yorkshire for the weekend. I went out on the Saturday night with The Duke Of Jokes & Gentle Giant, my old school friends. Despite all day drinking induced sickness, I had a great time. Funny that even with a void of over 10 years with no contact we all still get on really well, I look forward to my next visit.
On the Monday before I went to Wales Reckless & I went to see Duran Duran at the NEC in Birmingham. It was blinding! Our seats were about 4 miles away from the stage but we didn’t care for we never sat in them. Just before they came on we were having a fag prior to taking our seats when this bloke gave these 2 women special wristbands & told them to go up to the stage. Reckless went over to said bloke & duly acquired wristbands for us too, top man. We legged it down the side of the arena right to the side of the stage where we were admitted to an exclusive little platform with only about 20 people on it, right at the side of the stage!!! In an arena the size of a small town we were only feet away from the band. Fan-fucking-tastic! They gave a thrilling performance, absolutely top class. “Careless memories” being the highlight for both Reckless & myself. During “Save a prayer” we witnessed a spectacle of beauty that was very much a 21st century event. Instead of waving lighters, the crowd held their mobile phones aloft; from our vantage point it really was a wondrous sight, like 20000 stars dancing in the night sky. Suffice to say we had a great night.
Also should point out that I’ve had no contact with Rainbow Girl since I drove away from Braintree 2 & a half weeks ago. I think I’ll leave it that way, as much as I like her I can’t see anything coming from it for either of us. So maybe the whole thing is best being filed as an entertaining adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home