FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, May 10, 2004

"More than all of this, when i go back to the place i live i'm gonna miss coming home"

I cried as I drove away on Saturday. My little car, full of stuff following Funny Dance’s bus thingy out of “memory lane” for the last time, may have even shed a tear. I had a hug with everyone & had a walk to the shop with Reckless before going. That was nice, gave us a chance just to be mates having a natter. So what happened next? Funny Dance bought me a KFC on the way over to Crapsville, bless him. Then we arrived at the area of Crapsville known locally as “the Bronx”, where I have found lodgings. I’m in a room in the home of Wears Pyjamas All Day & her 28-year old daughter Do You Kiss Your Mum With That Mouth. They’ve been very nice & welcoming but it still feels odd. It’s not a home y’know? Still that’s where I am for now.
The state of play is that I’m homeless as far as the housing association are concerned, so I’m top of their list with maximum points. The upshot of that is when anyone leaves one of their very nice flats in town it becomes mine. Mine! It will be my home, where I do what I want when I want. I am itching to get in though for now I’ll have to make do with this room. Which is ok, for now.
On Saturday night I babysat for Smiler, Funny dance & They Used To Be Even Bigger’s baby daughter. More to the point I tried. Buddy With Boobs came to join me too as she’s getting really sad on her own. Sadly, little Smiler hadn’t read the script & within 10 minutes of Mum & Dad going she started screaming & didn’t stop no matter what we tried until with heavy heart I had to ring Funny Dance who with They Used To Be Even Bigger (obviously!) came home.
I then went down to Buddy With Boobs’ & got drunk with her till the early hours. We talked & laughed a lot. Strange bloody relationship we have, she & I are each other’s special friends. Though I’d quite like us to be friends who shag each other, we both know that it could lead to a relationship neither of us really wants.
Sunday I got up about half past 10 & just festered in my room for a bit before going to see The Boy. We went to the canal & watched the boats going up & down the locks. It was a lovely couple of hours. Then we went to Funny Dance’s where we spent the rest of the day. I downloaded some new tunes with mixed success. I thought I’d got most of the Ash & Keane albums but when I played them back later they had been garbled to stop people like me nicking them, I suppose. (Feel the need to point out that while I may occasionally download albums prior to release- I ALWAYS buy the damn thing when it comes out, ok music piracy types who may just be reading?). I did get a few bits I wanted though including a sensational cover of Beyonce’s “Crazy in love” by my new darlings: Snow Patrol. I have been for some weeks now addicted to their “Final straw” album. It’s sheer class & without doubt my favourite album of 2004 so far (Apologies to Franz Ferdinand).
Then last night I went to work, twas great to be back on nights with lots of mates, a lighter workload & tunes as I work. Ace.
Then this morning at about 08:30 I was woken by the phone. It was Dream Girl. Anyone else would’ve got a right gobfull for waking me, but not her. I was delighted. Sadly her fucking pathetic ex-husband had turned up yesterday to see the kids. First contact he’d made in over a year, wanker. So she was upset & I comforted her. She then said it was horrible at home without me there, I felt my weary battered heart glow for a moment, and it made me feel very nice.
Then I had a very bizarre dream involving me as “DS Flash” on the bill trying to get Billy Mitchell bang to rights. It was mad, there was even a matrix style fight on a dodgy London train station! Best dream I’ve had in ages & no women involved.
Now I’m just whiling away the hours till work time but I guess I’m reasonably happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home