FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"Catch a plane to New York & a cab going down, cross bridges & tunnels straight into town"

I am now officially giddy!

In just 36 hours from now I'll be getting the train up to Birmingham international airport.
36 hours!!!

Today I have had my hair cut. This was very important as I really didn't want to meet another blog friend with the words "...and I must apologise on behalf of my hair".
My travel insurance is all sorted.
Delusions of Grandeur is lending me his digital camera (bless him).
And best of all...I changed all my money over to US currency so I now have a fistful of dollars!
Hurrah!

I am so, so excited.
I have always wanted to go to the big apple. I forsook the opportunity 6 years ago when I was last in the States as a gesture of love to my lovely ex-wife. It was her dream destination, so I elected to go to Niagara falls instead & we said we'd go together one day. Hmmm.
She went two years ago but now it's my turn.
I want to do all the usual touristy things like the empire state, the statue of liberty, times square, central park, etc.
I also really want to go to the Rose centre for Earth & Space which looks hella cool.
Of course I'm really buzzing about seeing one of New York's lesser known legends; our very own Hyde. I still have some hope that I might finally meet my far flung friend too, but I'm in the dark about that. (perhaps an e-mail is forthcoming?).

I realise it may not be possible but I'm hoping that I can find a British pub that will screen English football. My beloved Leeds United are playing on Friday & Monday whilst I'm there in the two legged play off semi final against Preston North End. I have very little faith that we'll overcome Preston but I'd really like to watch the events unfold if possible.

There's one other thing I'm also quite excited about & the wait for that is only 3 and a half hours away.
Lost is back!



















Yay!
With a double episode too!

Sometimes, life is just peachy!

15 Comments:

  • At 6:50 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    Wow. I hope you have a really good tie, Flash. I do.

    Happy travel, friend.

     
  • At 7:56 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    I'm so jealous! I want more time off, but I'm out of my PTO.

    Yay! for giddiness.

     
  • At 10:38 pm, Blogger LB said…

    enjoy, dude.

     
  • At 11:11 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    LB, Dude! You said dude! You are becoming a Californian.

     
  • At 11:19 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I asked BarMan and he said most pubs will put the football on for you during the afternoon. (He said to check in with the day staff at Cheers). At night it's mostly baseball these days, but I'm sure we can call around and find something! I also got my haircut today. How's that?

    Can't wait to see you! I'm cleaning my apartment in anticipation...

    :)

    h

     
  • At 11:27 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Sawyer and Charlie Whooo!

    I wouldn't bother finding an english pub showing the football Flash, why be disappointed in another continent as well as over here?

     
  • At 2:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your wish is my command

     
  • At 12:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Flash I love you! 7.05 in the am I visit your blog and I am greeted by a fabulous photo. Well done brother.

    Have a great time in New York, give Hyde and Hammer a kiss for me.

     
  • At 12:20 pm, Blogger The Dog of Freetown said…

    It's amazing how exicted people get about visiting Birmingham.

    Have fun in that there Newer York - my brother went recently and sat right next to David Bowie in a cafe in Greenwich Village.

    Lost was brilliant - annoying bunch of adverts, but brilliant. And up until seeiing that picture I hadn't really rater her, but now...

     
  • At 1:34 pm, Blogger Jessica said…

    I wanna meet you too, Flash!

     
  • At 4:01 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    America cannot wait for you to get here! ... but are we ready?

     
  • At 6:34 pm, Blogger adem said…

    Have a cracking time mate. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. When I went there I spent 18 hours in JFK airport during the great blackout of 2003. Wahey!

    #I'm leaving on a jetplane........

     
  • At 6:34 pm, Blogger adem said…

    P.S. say hello to chandler, monica, joey, rachel, phoebe, and ross.

     
  • At 4:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy - I am batting a thousand tonight.

    Hello there! You do not know me, but I am friend of Spazzymoto and I just made an egregious error and posted a comment about your trip to my lovely city in the wrong entry (scroll down one entry). Alas, I’m sure my recommendation of the greatest pub in New York City will make up for it.

     
  • At 7:41 am, Blogger Stef said…

    Have a top time matey, while you're gone I'll keep popping by to check out that picture of Evangeline Lilly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home