FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

"She says she likes the accent..."

Right, where were we?

Sunday afternoon; Hyde & I spent ages just talking about love, life & the world we live in. It was one of those great chats where time just melts away unnoticed. Then we went for dinner at the Manchester, which was nice. We then returned back to Hyde's place where we had a lovely spliff or two while watching Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons & South Park. Cartoon comedy heaven. It was a great way to spend a Sunday night.

Hyde had to teach on Monday morning so I got up & went for a walk to the Rockerfella centre which wasn't much to write home about. I carried on up to Times Square & had some yummy breakfast on Broadway. I then headed off to meet Hyde at our pre-determined meeting spot; David Blaine.

After curiously watching the mentalist for a little while, we set off for the Planetarium. We passed the Dakota building en route, which I'd already unknowingly done the previous day. The planetarium was a mixed bag. The show we saw, Cosmic collisions, was ace! The whole place jumped when the collision that led to the creation of the moon was shown. It rocked. The downside was there were loads of kids about being noisy & daft, as kids do.
A cab ride through the park later & it was back to Hyde's. Where I left her to her own devices while I went off to Cheers to watch the Leeds match. Two goals, one floodlight failure, two dodgy sendings off & four pints of Stella later I went back up to Hyde's place & introduced her to a new song...altogether now;
Marching on together...
I was a little giddy by now. And Leeds United are only one game away from that coveted return to the Premiership.

Monday night had been deemed 24 night for Hyde & Hammer. Hyde fancied a drink or two first & I thought it was a good idea too. A return to Cheers ensued.

This turned out to be a master stroke. Monday night was as good a time as I had during my trip. At first it was just Hyde & I chatting with each other & Barman (who I really liked, he was a geezer), then Hammer joined us. I'm not sure I've made enough fuss about Hammer yet, she's a great girl & I had a lot of fun with her, oh & she's in possession of a top quality ass! So is Thursday Girl who arrived shortly after. She had just graduated that day, so we were all instructed to shout "Master" when she walked in. Which worked a treat. I also enjoyed it when she was showing off her new tattoo but that's just cos I'm an old perv! By now the level of drinking had been turned up a notch, doubles & shots were coming thick & fast. There was another couple in there who were friends of Thursday Girl's. The female one announced that I was hot! (Something to do with the accent). By now I had met almost all of Hyde's blog characters, the only one I never met was B. That's because Anxious was soon to join us! I was told that, on pain of death, I had to flirt with her when she arrived. Apparently I'm prone to flirting after a drink or two (right Hammer?) so I had no problem with my mission. When she did arrive Hyde introduced me, I took her hand & planted a little kiss on it. I reckon she may have quivered a little & she said that she might want more of that! Her boyfriend arrived soon afterwards which released me from my duties. She seemed perfectly nice from my brief meeting with her though she was ALL tits & teeth. The assembled masses continued to drink till closing time, it really was great fun & I genuinely felt like I'd made a favourable impression on all these people judging by the warmth of their goodbyes. Hammer, Hyde & I retired back up to Hyde's place where we initially had a big loud sing-song until NDN's forceful wallbashing curtailed us a bit, well it was about 2 am! I took some pictures of the girls & I & eventually bode a sad farewell to the lovely Hammer.
Hyde & I then had a nice spliff each & proceeded to get stoned as well as drunk. Then Hyde's phone rang... I'll give you 3 guesses.
Got it in one, it was Narc.
And so she gleefully tottered off into the night & I blissfully bedded down on her sofa for the last time.
It had been a wonderful last night for me, absolutely wonderful.

Tuesday morning flew by, I went out for some breakfast & then went shopping for some gifts. Macy's? What's that about? Maybe it's just for girls, eh?
Soon enough I was back at Hyde's. I gave her a thankyou gift that I'd bought for her; Elvis Monopoly! A big hug later & I was on my way back home.

I have all my photograph's sorted out now but I think I'll do a photo post next time.
I'll share just one with you though.
The first day I was alone in Hyde's place I was thirsty so I went for a look in the fridge for a drink. I mistakenly opened the freezer first to be confronted by what is possibly the wierdest, most bizarre thing I ever did see...

9 Comments:

  • At 8:36 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    What? Empty ice cube trays?

    Oh The frozen cigerettes...didn't you know that keeps them nice and fresh. You don't do that over there?

    Silly Boy.

     
  • At 8:38 pm, Blogger Jessica said…

    Awww....

     
  • At 8:57 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Ha ha ha ha!!!!

    :)

     
  • At 9:29 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Wow! That is a lot of fags in the freezer.

    And, of course, you made a good impression.

     
  • At 9:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tabs in the freezer, what's that all about then??
    The Freezer's for keeping Vodka in FFS! ;)

     
  • At 8:18 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    Fags in the Freezer? Uh?

     
  • At 8:59 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I should explain... I bought them at duty free when I came back from Argentina (as NYC puts an insane city tax on cigarettes making them really expensive.) Of course, I bought more than I could ever smoke within a reasonable time frame, and so someone suggested the freezer. I'll let you know when I thaw them out if it actually works!

    :)

    h

     
  • At 1:44 pm, Blogger Stef said…

    No one has a problem with you stocking up on cigarettes (or fags as we amusingly call them here), hell they're even more expensive here in the UK than NYC.

    I've never heard of anyone freezing them though. As an occasional cigar smoker I know the importance of keeping tobacco fresh but isn't it a bit of a waste of time with ciggies? After all, the manufacturers deliberately dry them out before making them so they pack better and last longer (not to improve flavour, oh no.)

    Flash, you have a mission! Try a previously frozen ciggie and a regular 'left in a cupboard' type and see if you can tell them apart. I'd be intrigued.

     
  • At 1:49 pm, Blogger Stef said…

    One other thing.

    You talk about Hammer having a fine ass and B being all tits and teeth and yet you post a picture of a freezer... Cheers! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home