FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, January 15, 2004

"Do you remember the first time?"

D’you know what? I’m going to give it a go! So Delusions Of Grandeur got the lab job…mmm time will tell but I hope he changes the group dynamic for the better. It will also have a knock on effect on my chances of getting the supervisor’s job for reasons that are far too mundane to go into. If I were a betting man my money would be on Queen Bee to get it. I hope she does y’know. She’ll do a bloody good job. The more I think about this, the more I don’t actually want the job. I wouldn’t want to turn my back on my training work. I love that part of my job, love it! I wish I could do it all day every day. I wont let go of it. It’s my baby, I conceived it, I nurtured it, watched it grow & now I stand back in pride (never standing still though!). Did I mention I was stoned?
Went round Funny Dance’s last night, watched Lord of the rings – return of the king. Which was very good. Had some tea, downloaded some tunes, hung out, slept on the sofa. It was cool. It’s been nice seeing the kids a bit more as well, bless ‘em. Speaking of kids, had some fun in the snow with The Boy yesterday, we (I) built a great snowman, he had eyebrows! Temper Tantrum was around too & we got on quite well, both of us doing that joking-but-only-partly thing. The snow reminded me of one of the most wonderful days of my life. It was January 1993. I’d only been seeing Temper Tantrum for a little while & we were staying at my Mum & Dad’s up in Yorkshire. We went out for the day to Haworth. It snowed quite heavily & the whole place was so beautiful & enchanting. We got soaked but had a great day. I remember there was a hilarious thing with a bloke & a wheelbarrow but I’m buggered if I can remember the details. That was the day that we both truly, madly, deeply fell in love. That night we made love for the first time, Temper Tantrum’s very first time, and it was fantastic. At it like rabbits after that, we were! So whilst on her patio yesterday I really wanted to say “Remember Haworth?” to her but I didn’t dare in case it was misinterpreted. I’m very comfortable enjoying the lovely memories I have of our 10 years together but I wouldn’t go back. I care a lot about her but I haven’t once regretted making the decision to leave.
I made a prick of myself in front of a beautiful woman today. I was at our packaging department when she arrived. Long blonde hair, tidy body & an aura of class. Today I looked like a scarecrow. 4 days’ growth, hair needs cutting so it’s looking a bit stupid & on top of this I’ve got the same clothes on as yesterday (clean socks & undies mind!). About as attractive as diphtheria. Still I popped in the office a couple of times & engaged in some chit chat. She said she’d seen me before while seeing my boss about something. I replied that I couldn’t have seen her because I’m sure I would not have been able to forget. She smiles widely & thanks me; I did my cool smile (stop sniggering!) & walked out. I’d impressed myself! My next visit to the office saw the arrival of the gibbering, bumbling idiot part of me that is much more accustomed to talking to women. She’d been asked if she had a fella which she answered with an enigmatic “one or two”. At this point I thought one of the guys said “hey flash” in a “ get in there my son” kind of way. I now fear that event never actually occurred. What did definitely happen was me standing up & saying “ Fancy looking like this (now addressing her) the next time I see you I wont look like this I’ll look great, we’ll talk then”. I hastily left the room & realised with dread that I must have looked a right twat! Doh! She was out of my league anyway.
Got 2 Depeche Mode DVDs off e-bay today for less than 20 quid. Result!
Didn’t get any negative vibes from Dream Girl today, in fact she’s been quite lovely. Maybe I have been paranoid, I don’t know.
Well it’s nearly midnight so I’d better turn in, not bad though considering I couldn’t be bothered an hour ago eh?Out for a few beers tomorrow, hope it’s cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home