FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

"Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Bangor"

Time to chill at the seaside. I’m in Bangor, which for the uninitiated, is a pleasant little city on the coast of North Wales. I got here about 2ish. Since then I’ve had a wonder around, read the NME, had a couple of pints & finally found a room for the night. Oh I am going to enjoy sleeping in a proper nice double bed tonight. The plan for the rest of the day is to chill for an hour or two & then see what this place has to offer on a Wednesday night.
Part of my new way of living is going to be setting myself aims. Mostly short term to start with. I use the word aims as opposed to goals because not realising an aim isn’t necessarily a failure. Failure is not an option. So without further ado lets set some now, eh?
Tonight’s aim is to have a conversation with at least one woman. Tomorrow I aim to eat a salad (which would be a massive achievement for me!) & I think I will walk up a mountain, seriously!
Right now I’m off for a shower. A long-term aim is to be considerably less minging. With head bowed in shame I have to confess that sometimes I can be a little lax when it comes to personal hygiene (feel the need to point out that we’re not talking Bob Geldof stuff) but that stops today.
D’you know what? I bet back home everyone thinks I’m a nutter for just going away like this but I already feel I have gained so much from this trip, I feel vindicated.
Just looked at myself naked in the mirror & I don’t think I’ve ever looked so fat. I’m not gonna get down about it because I’ve been a bit of a porker since I was about 11, but a year ago I was 2 stone lighter than this. So another aim is to lose some weight, shall we aim for 11 and a half stone by the end of May? Yup, that sounds fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home