FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, May 22, 2006

"Travel round, I travel round, decadence & pleasure towns, tragedies, luxuries, statues, parks & galleries"

Oh well...
It wasn't all doom & gloom yesterday though.
Funny Dance phoned me in the morning to tell me of some good fortune that had come his way.
He's only gone & won two tickets for a world cup match from McDonald's!
Guess who he's taking with him?
That's right, moi!

It's the game between the winners of group E & the runners up of group F. It's on Monday June 25th in Kaiserslautern & though these things are pretty unpredictable, it's likely that it's going to involve Italy. If we're really lucky & Brazil have a wobbly group stage, the place could be teeming with Brazilian totty! Fingers crossed, eh?
We've already booked the flights & because of the time of the game (17.00) it's relatively easy for us to get there & back in a day. We arrive in Frankfurt at 09.30 & fly back out at 23.15. Brilliant!
I've never been to Germany before, so I'm thrilled to see somewhere new & I'm chuffed beyond words at having an opportunity to soak up the atmosphere of the world cup.
Hopefully we should have a few spare hours to rose around Kaiserslautern, which'll be nice.

Again, I find myself marveling at how good everything has been going for me lately. And how much traveling I've been doing, Crisp Fiend joked that I should be called Jet Set Flash!

It's all good!

8 Comments:

  • At 4:20 pm, Blogger adem said…

    If there is Brazillian totty there you want to watch out for any hidden meat and two veg......

    Fascinating creatures though. Looks like a lady but er... really it's a man. I don't find them attractive, it's just confusing.

     
  • At 6:09 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    Ok, Monday is June 26th, I should know, it's a big day for me. I have off of work too, he should have taken me and not you.

    Hmmmm. Just my luck.

    Have a great time.

    P.S. I like what you have written on the side, nice change of pace.

     
  • At 6:30 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Okay, let's take a moment to marvel at the idea that someone has actually won something more than a large soda from MacDonald's!

    Wow!

    It all sounds fabulous.

     
  • At 6:47 pm, Blogger Jessica said…

    I'm sooooo Chuffed for you!

     
  • At 7:16 pm, Blogger LB said…

    can you pick my lottery numbers for me next week?

    dear oh dear

     
  • At 7:39 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    bloody hell! top banana!

    you better not go see Depeche Mode on June 25th then.

     
  • At 6:53 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    I like your title. "Decadence and pleasure towns" God, how I'd like to move to one of those! (Wait... I guess I sort of already live in one. Nevermind...)

    :)

    Have fun at the game!

    love,
    h

     
  • At 9:08 am, Blogger Stef said…

    As Mark said, top banana! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home