FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, April 10, 2005

"Johnny, don't point that gun at me"

First up a great big
thankyou
to you all for your warm, encouraging comments. It means a lot & I send out big hugs/firm handshakes to all of you.

Secondly, my apologies are offered for my recent absence from your screens. The last few days have been a bit hectic. Allow me to enlighten you.

On Thursday I went over to Northampton to buy a new Flashmobile. The old Flashmobile had rendered itself financially unviable. So a replacement was sought out & purchased. A dark blue G reg Ford Fiesta 1.1L. It's a tidy little motor & so far it's run nicely but it has no bollocks. No oomph at all. Bugger.
After getting the car I popped in on Reckless & Dream Girl for a cuppa, Reckless rolled me a nice fat one to have when I got home.
I smoked it while typing out what became a rather funny stoned post about the new car & it's predecessors. At the end it was almost incoherent as I was utterly cabbaged, but I managed to finish it.
Then Blogger promptly ate it for it's supper & I defeatedly crashed to my Bed.

Friday was again spent in the company of Reckless & Dream Girl, this time with vodka filling our vessels instead of coffee or tea.
Truth be known, I got myself into a bit of a grumpy mood & it wasn't so much fun as usual.
It was my own fault.
I'm currently writing a new song, the first verse & chorus are fully formed & I've been singing it around work all last week.
I wanted to share it with the guys but it just wouldn't come out right. I was getting very frustrated with myself & ended up being really pissed off.
The song is titled (with more than a passing nod to my musical heroes) "White celebration" & I'm hoping it's going to be a cracker.

Spend all day over there on Saturday. I did a bit of babysitting for them for a couple of hours & the rest of the time Reckless & I were equipping the new flashmobile with some speakers.
Sounds cool now, I tell thee. ("I predict a riot" being the test song).

The Boy & I got home about 6ish on Saturday & we had a play on the X-box for a couple of hours, which was nice. As I was putting him to bed I got a text from Buddy With Boobs asking if I was in. I told her yes & she was welcome to come round.
She arrived a little while later armed with Vodka & cranberry juice. I also was in possession of another of Reckless' special ciggies so it wasn't long before we were a bit squiffy.
Turns out Fuckwithusband had pissed her off big time, they had rowed & she came over to talk & get things off her chest. We talked for hours, she told me her problems; I gave her my advice.
Buddy With Boobs & I have been friends for 7 years now & throughout that time there has always been a strong undercurrent of feelings between us. We've often talked of what it would be like if we were together & are always talking about sex. I often joke that if she was any kind of friend she wouldn't let me suffer through months & months without sex.
As the night wore on, she started acting differently.
Why do you have to be so perfect? she said. I told her I'm not.
She said she couldn't understand why I was single or why there weren't girls after me all the time. I said neither could I.
She told me how terrible she felt in the wake of "Confessions..." that she'd never paid any attention to that part of me & that she felt stupid for never realising how fantastic I am (musically).
She asked me to play "Second best" to her because she loves that one & she relates to it. I obliged.
She said that throughout the whole 7 years she has always loved me but kept it hidden because of her commitment to her marriage. How it hurt her when I'd confide in her about the women who've come & gone in my life, most noticeably Dream Girl.
Then we kissed.
A lot.
I also helped her get something else of her chest.
It went no further than that & neither of us have the foggiest idea if it will in the future.
It was, for both of us, a lovely night. It was wonderful to be embraced, to be kissed passionately & to be excited! She left about 2am, I didn't want her to go but she had to.
We have agreed on 2 things; We will not let this (or anything else that may or may not happen) spoil our very fine friendship & we are going to have at least one sneaky snog at work on Monday, because we want to!
Everybody at work thinks that we're at it anyway!

Today, I did something that I've always wanted to do but never have.
I shot somebody.
I actually shot several people.
Don't panic, you're not going to be reading "Crapsville man slays 6 in gun rampage" on tomorrow's front pages.
I went paintballing.
It was all in aid of celebrating Small Doses' (Funny Dance's brother) birthday.
It was great fun, there were about 18 in our group & another group of 7. We were split into 2 teams & battle commenced.
It was great fun, we did 6 different games. Capture the flag & all that sort of thing. All dressed up in the camouflage gear, running around the woods, jumping out from behind trees to pick of the enemy with a volley of bullets (well, balls of paint). I got shot many times myself & think I got lucky because none of them really hurt. I'd been told that it stung like fuck!
Like I said though it really was great, great fun & I'm sure it won't be the last time I do it.
I have got a bruise on my back & a twisted ankle.
I'm also extremely knackered & foresee a long soak in the bath, an hour or two wasting some sith's on the x-box, match of the day 2 & bed.

It's been mad but it's been good.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:25 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    I'm glad you got a little attention. You deserve it. Try to find an available one though if possible.

    Also what is a "snog"?

     
  • At 11:04 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    good for you fella - hope it works out well for you (both)..... and speaking of the music, I reckon it's about time I had a listen to some of your stuff. I have a sneaking suspicion that you might have an earworm in you!

    How do I get hold of a copy then?

    ST

     
  • At 12:59 am, Blogger Flash said…

    Swiss, you and anybody else who may sucummb just have to send me an e-mail with an adress i can post to & it'll be on it's way.

     
  • At 3:54 am, Blogger GJC said…

    Good on ya!

    I need a few weekends like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home