FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

"You're not right in the head & nor am I & this why I like you"

I arrived at Euston station at 7.15, I looked around a bit & there she was, well, I thought it was her. I'd only seen one photo & it didn't really look like the girl in front of me. Still, I gingerly approached and said "Charby?"
It was she.

We headed to a nearby pub (the same one where I murdered Will Young's "Leave right now" on the last London baby! trip) & Charby produced a wonderful little yellow card that made our drinks mega cheap. Ace!
Though I think we were a little nervy at first, it didn't much time or alcohol before we were chopsing away like good un's.
I think we had 5 drinks in there & in all honesty I was getting pretty tiddly by the time we moved on. That girl can bloody drink, I tell you!

We popped back to Euston to see what time my last train back to Northampton was. Quarter to Midnight.
We then went to a pub somewhere in London, maybe it was Oxford street. I cant bloody remember. All too soon it was time to get Charby to Charing Cross so she could get back to Charbyland in deep dark SE London. We had a hug on the platform & it was suggested that I come to see the sights of Charbyland. Figuring I was already likely to miss that train I thought why the hell not, the night was young & we were having fun.
We got off the train in Charbyland & crashed straight into another pub, it's fair to say we were both pretty hammered by this stage.
The lure of Chips proved too great & we crossed the road to get some nosh. Apparently you "can't beat a saveloy". Then a short bus ride & some drunken holding each other up walking & we were at Charby's house (complete with scaffolding, Fact fans).
Some more hugs & that was our night together over.
I had a fabulous time. We talked & laughed loads.
My companion made it so easy to have fun. She's bright, funny, cheeky & cute. And she's in possession of a smile so wonderful that it could illuminate the capitol & (Sorry Charbs but I am a guy!) a tidy little arse!

My adventure however didn't stop there. I got on a bus to Trafalger Square. That journey was liberally littered with several texts from Charbs fretting about how I'd get home & where I would sleep. Bless her.
As I told her many times; I'm big enough & ugly enough to look after myself! After all I am 35 years old!!!
I got off the bus in Trafalger Square & tootled up Charing Cross road. It felt like I was on a London baby! night but without the lads!
There I was still quite pissed, passing the Astoria & the fountain that Fountain Dweller & I once hung out in. A little further up the road (now Tottenham court road) I came across some very familiar phone boxes. The very phone box where 2 years ago a certain drunken female companion of mine could wait no longer & had a "squat". I spotted a 24 hour internet cafe just before I got to Euston. I deliberated whether or not it would be a good idea to dump myself in there with a steady flow of coffee & to blog with the events of the evening still fresh in my fuzzy mind. I didn't.
Big mistake.

I got to Euston just in time to be ushered onto the Bus (Every bloody time I go near London on a train on a sunday, it's always a fucking rail replacement bus!) to Milton Keynes. Marvellous I thought, I could have a kip on the bus & from MK to Northampton should be a doddle.
So I woke at the front of Milton Keynes Central at 3.33am. Ok, checked first bus to Northampton not till 10, so I'll go inside the station.
No you wont! The pissing station is shut!
A taxi rolled around & I asked him how much to Northampton. 35 bloody quid? you're having a laugh mate.
So I stood, & walked & stood some more. I was starting to get a bit cold too.
God bless Humbert! Without him I would've gone nutty!

At 5am some staff emerged & opened up the station, hurrah!
At least then I was warm but I discovered I had a further 2 hours to wait.
So I sat.
Eventually I got back to Northampton a 7.45am, I went straight to the cafe where Reckless works. He fortified me with Coffee, a fry up & a News of the World.

Though I wasn't happy about how my return journey panned out, it has not in any way tainted the memory of a smashing night with a top bird!
Cheers Charby, you'll have to come up here now.

I would say to you, come & see the best that Crapsville has to offer, but you already have!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:16 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Hehehe.
    I'll forgive you the arse comment, just cos of the all the other nice comments!
    Bit baffled about how you ended up in Trafalgar square though. The only bus I know that goes that way is a good 15 minute walk away?
    Was the train not good enough for ya?!
    I'll definately have to come up your way sometime soon!

     
  • At 1:12 am, Blogger shorty said…

    So happy for you two!!!

     
  • At 9:00 am, Blogger LB said…

    getting drunk, staying out all night and not getting home until the early hours of the morning?

    I can't condone that sort of shameful behaviour. Grow up, man.

    ahem.

     
  • At 4:29 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Very cool that you two met each other! Sounds like you had a wild time...

    lol!
    Hyde

     

Post a Comment

<< Home