FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

"I'm lonely but I ain't that lonely yet"

Sometimes I don't even understand myself.
I've spent most of my weekend in the company of friends & my son, it's been perfectly pleasant.
I really don't think anything in particular started me off but right from waking up this morning I've felt myself sinking.
There are 2 reasons for you the reader not to be worried.
One is that I'm fine & therefore any worry would be misplaced.
The other is that I'm not planning to waffle on about why or where, etc.

One thing I have noticed; I rarely get visitors.
I realise that there are perfectly good, rational explanations for this. It's really not practical for most of my friends to come here with their battalions of children & all that.
Other than the occasional drop in for a quick coffee by Funny Dance or those infrequent times when Buddy With Boobs comes to see me, no one comes here.
Most of the time I'm cool with that but sometimes it would just be nice if someone came round & just hung out.
It's just a Sunday night thing, I guess.
When I get lonely I'll often pop on a Friends DVD & watch an episode or two.
I just watched 7 straight.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:07 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    sunday nights are rubbish mate.

    and I don't know if this will cheer you up, but I was thinking about a jam lyric this afternoon for some reason:

    "two lovers missing the tranquility of solitude"

    I really like that, and I think it has a certain ring of truth to it. Much though I love C., there are times when I just wish I could be on my own, and even mildly resentful that she is around. An example of that was last night. We got back in to my mate's house after we had seen U2 and it was about 2am. I was just watching the end of something on the telly, and C. stayed up with me, but was basically asleep. Stupid though it was, I just wanted her to go up to bed and leave me alone, even if it was only for 5 minutes. Silly I know, and clearly I have a lot to be thankful for....

    I'm a right grumpy sod sometimes. I felt my mood slipping this evening, and I had no reason for it that I could think of except possibly that I knocked over a glass of water in our new kitchen. Stupid, undoubtedly, but it definitely affected my mood.

    Then I watched an old episode of 24 and felt much better.

    I'm still not doing any ironing though, and it's too damn hot.

    Sigh.

    ST

     
  • At 11:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well on those late Sunday nights when you are bored senseless, please please please come online....I miss you

     
  • At 12:01 am, Blogger Charby said…

    Come online! I have nothing better to do so am always on!
    Sundays are always a bit sad, the weekends over and theres another 5 days at work to get through.

     
  • At 6:44 am, Blogger LavaLady said…

    Sunday's are long and lonely for me these days. I ended up going to bed for the night at about 3:30 in the afternoon (now it's just after midnight and I'm up, dammit!)

    For me it looks like my Spaced collection will keep me company of a Sunday.

    And no one but no one every comes round here. Oh my, I'm beginning to feel sorry for myself. Need more Tim and Daisy!

     
  • At 7:44 am, Blogger Dzesika said…

    Sundays bite.

    That's about all, that.

     
  • At 8:03 am, Blogger LB said…

    i can recommend Top Gear for killing an hour on a Sunday night. I know nothing about cars but notwithstanding this fact it is one of the most entertaining things on TV.

     
  • At 12:35 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    it's not just you... hardly anyone visits anyone anymore.

     
  • At 3:41 pm, Blogger Mike Davis said…

    When you're feeling a bit 'Norman No-Mates', Friends is the worst thing in the world to watch!

    And on a Sunday?

    Try a couple of episodes of Cash in the Attic and before you know it, it's Monday!

     
  • At 4:17 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Saturday nights tend to be my down nights because of the I-should-be-out-partying idea, which in reality I don't like to go out partying much just like to hang with my friends.

    My favorite DVDs for those lonely times...Dark Angel (only two seasons, so I can pretty much recite the lines) or Bourne Identity. I obviously like the kick-ass factor when I'm feeling down.

    ST - I've noticed that people sometimes go into a funk following emotional high points (i.e. post vacation or exceptional concerts). Just a thought.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home