FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

"She's just a girl I used to know"

I got into bed last night & as I lay there I thought to myself "What shall I post about tomorrow?".
I soon decided that I would tell you the tale of She Who Changed Everything.
As I went over it in my head I realised that it would be a long one & I'd probably have to do it in parts. Then it occured to me that the story of her & I and everyone around that story could well be the novel I always told myself I'd write.
What do you think?
Does my writing style lend itself to writing a whole book?
I used to be very confident about writing but I've since seen many better writers than I here in Blogland, so now I'm not so sure.
It would be one hell of a project, bigger than anything I've attempted before.
Meditate on this I will.

And don't think I haven't noticed that everybody ignored my pleas about "White celebration".
Hmmmph.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:56 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Write! Write! Write!

     
  • At 12:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with Charby on this one.

    Time to listen to your girls again.

    We know what's best for you

     
  • At 3:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speaking of books, I was thinking of writing down all my Lessons....and making them into a handy dandy pocket tool.

    Use them like cliche's

    Thanks for everything, btw.

    I loved White Celebration! Not liked....Loved

     
  • At 8:31 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Stompp, you were of course exempt from that Hmmmph on accounts of that e-mail.

     
  • At 9:27 pm, Blogger LB said…

    you don't want to start getting an inferiority complex mate.

    though if you write a bestseller on the back of recording an album, you will immediately become the Stephen Fry of blogging and no doubt be offered a lucrative TV deal.

     
  • At 9:33 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    That's the plan, my friend!

     
  • At 10:25 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Write a book. Definitely!

    I'm guilty on the "White Celebration" front. I want to listen to it, but don't have access to a computer that I can download it and listen to it at right now. The last week in June, I'll be housesitting for friends who have the most awesome computer set-up and will definitely give it a go then.

     
  • At 12:01 am, Blogger Carl V. Anderson said…

    I don't even know you and I suspect that we, along with many others, have one major thing in common....the need to kick ourselves in the butt and start exercising our creativity. I too have seen many better, in my opinion, writers in the blogosphere, better artists in books/comics, etc. The problem is that my responsibility...and yours with your desire to write...is not to be better than the next guy. Your responsibility is to be the best you that you can be...be the best writer than you can be. You need to follow the girls' advice and just write.

    I like many different types of novels. If I had to judge one versus the other then of course certain authors would be higher up on my list than others. The great thing is that I don't have to pick just one. If you're any good at all you'll get your story out and people will enjoy it.

    Get going!!!

     
  • At 6:36 pm, Blogger Erika said…

    Hey, if Da Vinci Code can be considered a great work of literature (content notwithstanding, because that's where the true appeal is in my opinion), then you have NOTHING to be nervous about. Go to it, man! I've been crap at downloading your album due to idiot computers, but I promise to read your book!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home