FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Friday, June 10, 2005

"The smile on my face looks as though it may be contagious"

I believe I owe a debt of gratitude to a certain lycra-clad giant in the Nottingham area.
Over the last 2 days there as been a massive surge in interest in "White celebration" which I'm sure is at least partly down to the big fella's link the other day. Thank you very much Swiss Toni.

The aforementioned tune has now been played 29 times & downloaded 23 times.
I'm sure I don't need to tell you that this makes Flash a very happy bunny.

Yesterday I received a random e-mail from an unknown listener who praised my songs & particularly enjoyed the variation in styles. My heart glowed for a little while.
Another E-mail I received would have me giddy with excitement if I didn't suspect that it may be a scam of some sort. Frank at Hotlivebands.com asked me if I'd be interested in having one of my songs on a compilation CD that they are putting out. I e-mailed back & said I was intrigued. I also told him that as hot as we may well be, Gnu cnu are not much of a live band!
I haven't heard anything back yet but I'm fully expecting that I will have to pay for the honour. Cynical, moi?
Stompp, any knowledge of such things?

On top of all this I now find that I've been assisted in getting a foothold in the very lucrative Texan teenager market. Hurrah for me!

In other news, tomorrow I shall be going off to meet another fellow blogger. Following my trip to London to meet with Charby I shall this time be heading up to deepest Leicestershire to the home of Lordy B! I'm very much looking forward to it. We shall no doubt put the world to rights & quaff lots of ale.
A word of warning though Lord, so much of a hint of Phil Collins & I'm outta there!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:59 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    A happy Flash. It's a good thing!

    Have a great time with Lord B...do I sense a search for nubile 19 year olds?

     
  • At 9:33 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Leicester?
    Its a dump!

     
  • At 9:33 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    No where near as good as Derby!

     
  • At 10:18 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    ...blimey. What could be as good as Derby??

    And Flash - thank you, but it's down to the music my man, the music.

    I'd love to join you both tomorrow, but:

    a) my body is a temple
    b) I have to be at the starting line at 8am on sunday morning
    c) I'll be on the wrong side of northampton.

    Have a great night, and look after the Melton Lighthouse for me.

    ST

     
  • At 6:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ummmmm, you there?

    Update? Tell us your views on L.B.

    And what else you have been up to. I'm having Flash withdrawals. : P

     
  • At 1:49 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Leicester's a scrotty place Cheryl. He may have been attacked and is now wandering around suffering with amensia??
    Or maybe he's decided to run off and live there with Lord B?

     
  • At 8:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I share your cynical nature on the soundclick dealy, hot live bands, Frank?

    Hi there,

    My name's Frank from Hot Live Bands.
    We're putting together a compilation CD and
    would like to talk to you about the possibility
    of having 1 of your tracks featured on it.
    Please get back to me at contact@hotlivebands.com

    All the best,

    Frank
    HLB Entertainment


    ----------------------------------------------------------
    This email has been sent through the SoundClick 'contact artist'
    service.
    SoundClick - the #1 artist music community


    I've warned my friend, and read through some forums - one guy got the email, and he only had a test clip up on the site apparently, treat with caution!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home