FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

"The habit of a windswept thumb"

Lordy B is quite simply a fine chap whose company I very much enjoyed. We ate, we had a couple of beers & we talked of many things. One topic was relationships. It was here that it became clear that even though we'd only physically met a couple of hours earlier, the wonderful world of blog had ensured that we were already firm friends & thus we were totally comfortable speaking of such things. He even got the scoop on my book!
His TV also entertained us with various videos from yesteryear. Including the horrible-on-the-ears-but-pleasant-on-the-eyes Sabrina video (you know the one). Youngsters be aware that long before any teenage witch nonsense came: Sabrina The pneumatically breasted harlot. Ah, the 80's!
Anyway I like the fella so much that I'm going with him (& Swiss Toni) on a day trip to Bolton on July 4th!

For the benefit of you non-Brits, Bolton is the jewel in the UK's crown. A place brimming with history, beauty & breathtaking architecture. York? Edinburgh? Bath? Pah! Bolton is where it's at, trust me. Would I lie to you?

Speaking of places on this fair isle of ours; What the bloody hell do you have against Leicester, Mistress Charby?
Is it a bizarre Derby thing?
I actually spent a short time living in Leicester in 1991 & though my dwelling would've answered to the name of Shit Tip if it were capable of speech, I found Leicester to be fine for a place of it's size. I've certainly seen worse places.
Anybody ever been to Hartlepool?

Funny that I should've found myself waxing about various places in this land because only yesterday something reminded me of my favoured mode of transport from days of yore. The way that I got to see lots of places I probably wouldn't have.
Yes folks I used to be a hitchhiker.

On the outskirts of nowhere
On the ringroad to somewhere
On the verge of indecision
I'll always take the roundabout way
Waiting on the rain
For I was born with a habit, from a sign
The habit of a windswept thumb
And the sign of the rain
10 points for anyone who can tell me where that lyric comes from!

I first hitched about 3 weeks before my 16th birthday

AND FUCKING BLOGGER HAS JUST EATEN THE REST OF THE POST WHICH TOOK FUCKING AGES & WAS FUCKING BRILLIANT.

FUCK CUNTYBOLLOCKS SHIT TRAMPWANK.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:53 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Oh people I really cant tell you how gutted I am. It really was the best post i'd written in ages.
    I want to cry.

     
  • At 10:02 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Damn blogger, anyway!

    But brilliant curses...

     
  • At 10:14 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    I think the "recover post" thing only makes the pain more intense.

    ST

     
  • At 11:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, I have learned to save as draft than go do your spellcheck that way when blogger eats a post you can recover the entire thing.

    My tip of the day.

    I'm coming over there one day and I want to meet all these people in your blog and see all these sights through your eyes.

    2006.....I do hope

     
  • At 12:11 am, Blogger Mike Davis said…

    Sabrina? Boys Boys Boys? He's got the video - STILL? What a star!

    And as for you Mr Flash - TRAMPWANK is a new entry straight in at number 1 on the sweary charts. That's class, that!

    I always do my posts in word first, then copy them over. Glad to see you back, anyway.

     
  • At 9:19 am, Blogger Dzesika said…

    I regret never having brave enough (yet) to hitch-hike ...

     
  • At 1:10 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Bloody cheek!
    All these people giving you credit for stealing my best Swearword!

    You have to learn to hate Leicester and despise Nottingham if you live in Derby, I think its cos it feels inferior to Nottingham and Leicester, like they're the posh cousins, the Hycinth Buckets where as Derby's like Rose and Onslow Bucket, from Keeping up Appearances.

     
  • At 1:55 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:23 pm, Blogger LB said…

    aah, Sabrina.

    "boing, boing, boing" as we used to sing as teenage lads...

    I preferred Spagna, myself. The song, that is, not the bosoms.

     
  • At 9:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bitter Suite by Marillion on the Misplaced Childhood album.

    i can haz 10 points that late?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home