FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

"Shout Shout let it all out"

I feel a little strange today.
There is no logical reason for it but I feel a bit angry.
I could really enjoy having a proper slanging match with someone. When I get like this I can actually physically feel it in my eyes. They feel like they are about a fifth of the way to tears. They feel ultra focused.
I have had a pleasant enough day. I went to The Boy's sports day, he won the bat & ball race. He was so chuffed. Not that competition is encouraged in schools anymore. No, we don't want kids to learn about that do we? To learn that not everyone will get a promotion at work, not everyone will have their talents or efforts recognised, not everyone can win. Instead we let them blissfully grow up in a world where there are no winners or losers. I'm sure it's meant well & that psychologists will tell me that it has untold benefits. It just doesn't sit right with me.

This isn't related to my current state of mind but it does make it a little easier for me.
I am disappointed in some of you (with 2 exceptions), I don't know, maybe I don't have the right to chastise you & maybe I shouldn't (the last thing I want is any of you to think "Well, fuck you Flash, I won't bother reading anymore"). I do feel saddened that only 2 of you wished your fellow commenter & reader a happy birthday yesterday. I know that some of you may not have stopped by yesterday, I know that some of you may feel that you are new-ish here & dont really know the DOJ & I know I'm probably sounding as dislikable as I ever have but there are certain members of my "readership" who I expected better of.

Have I gone too far?
Do I have a right to moan?
Am I being a twat?
Does anybody want an argument?
Will I have any readers tomorrow?

I better put a lid on it, eh?
I'll set Humbert to play me nothing but Nine Inch Nails & I will literally shout it all out.

10 Comments:

  • At 8:44 pm, Blogger anne said…

    Joyeux anniversaire, then.
    Here from Adamant, so I do consider myself exempt too. ;)

     
  • At 8:49 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:04 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Anne - of course you are & what a terrible first impression you must have of me!

    FFF- You did get a birthday greeting from me & you have your own blog, which the DoJ doesn't (though he bloody should!)so being an integral part of this blog since the very early days I felt he deserved a shout out.

    I am spoiling for a row but I won't be rowing with you.
    xxx

     
  • At 9:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OUCH!

     
  • At 9:10 pm, Blogger Mike Davis said…

    *smug grin*

     
  • At 9:15 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    FFF - Now you've just gone and made me look stooopid by deleting that first comment.
    GRRRRR!

    ;->

     
  • At 9:42 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    erm. happy belated birthday to the DOJ....

    I do think you are overreacting a teensy bit here mate. You're welcome to criticise if you like, but I don't feel too bad, partly because I *did* wish the Boy a happy birthday the other day, which must have given me some credit in the bank of Flash, surely?

    Mind you. I have moods like this all the time too mate, so you are more than entitled to sit there and say bollocks to the lot of us!

    ST

     
  • At 9:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! Just thought of another 80s name "pun"

    You shouldn't have got upset matey though it is appreciated. Folks on the board don't know me like you do and they don't really know me cos, yes, I don't have a blog. Though I am slowly coming round to the idea (DON'T hold your breath though LOL)
    Thanks to Anne and Swiss Toni for the salutations though ;-)


    I wasn't even that fussed about celebrating my birthday this year. In fact this weekend was the first "birthday weekend" in over 10 years I haven't gone out!
    I think I must be getting old. Btw does anyone here like Kenny G? He's great. Phil Collins & Elton John rock too....and Coldplay < Ha Haaa sorry Flash couldn't resist ;-)

    with regards to "non-competive" sport in school in the UK I thought they were changing their minds about this after they discovered that this system just doesn't work. Being British we might as well get the little blighters used to mostly losing....

     
  • At 10:27 pm, Blogger LavaLady said…

    You were talking about YOURSELF? I couldn't figure out who exactly you were wishing a happy birthday.

    I'm new here though, so I hope to get special dispensation. My birthday was shit as well, so now we're a pair.

    I'm sorry, though, that I missed your special day.

    Hugs and Kisses, Lavalady

     
  • At 2:26 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Damn, your loyal to your friends! Here's a happy belated from me too! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home