FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, July 04, 2005

"More blood than a backstreet dentist"

I bloody hate shaving.
This is why I can often be seen sporting at least 2 or 3 days growth.
Up until an hour ago I have a week's worth on my mug, almost a beard.
The reason for this stems from one in a long line of poor shaving-related decisions I made a week or so ago.
I was in Tesco doing my shopping when I actually remembered that I needed new razor blades.
I hate buying razor blades more than I hate shaving itself. They are so ridiculously expensive.
This (as Reckless would back me up) leads to the silliest method of "saving" money. The practice of buying a brand new razor which is usually a couple of quid cheaper than a pack of blades. Of course the new razor only comes with 2 new blades & before you know it one's bathroom is awash with loads of razors but nothing but blunt blades on all of them. I currently have 5 different razors.
Then my gaze fell upon a new solution. Tesco's own 3 blade "shaving system" complete with 5 blades for only a couple of quid. Hurrah!
Tesco's own brand stuff seems to be ok in general so razors would be no different, right?
Wrong!
My first shave using said razor resulted in me losing so much blood that if I'd have gotten a stiffy at the same time I would have passed out.

10 Comments:

  • At 12:12 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

    Same goes for women....and we do it everyday....ermmmmm....We should do it everyday.

    oooooooooooooooooo

     
  • At 1:48 pm, Blogger adem said…

    I hate it when you run out of blades and have to find the least blunt one out of the collection rusting away by the sink. Then you spend the next few days with a horrible shaving rash. F**king puberty!

     
  • At 2:52 pm, Blogger LavaLady said…

    ...I would have passed out.

    I'm a little worried about myself. I read this and thought "Ooh, I'd like to see that"!

     
  • At 6:07 pm, Blogger GJC said…

    Dunno how much they cost over there, but they're sneaking up on $1.75 per blade here in Chi. Which is larceny of the foulest sort--you have a choice between paying their ridiculous prices or going furry, not an option.

    And I agree--the off-brand blades are a baaaaaad idea.

     
  • At 2:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ELECTRIC SHAVER

     
  • At 1:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Last paragragh, good point. I for one will certainly be a little more careful next time I'm having a shave and a wank at the same time !!.

    R

     
  • At 1:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Also anyone out there thinking of trying it, remember to have the correct tool in the correct hand, otherwise it could be a case of 'Goodbye Sam, Hello Samantha ' to quote Sir Cliff.

    R

     
  • At 2:25 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    electric razors are bloody horrible. I'm the same as you though Flash - I never change the blade unless I absolutely have to. They are extortionate.

    I was once at a presentation by Wilkinson Sword, and they wheeled out some marketing guy to talk about the innovation they were REALLY excited about, they thought it was a real breakthrough in razor technology, and that they were really setting the pace on razor technology.....

    yup.

    4 blades.

    Amazing innovation, eh?

    ST

     
  • At 3:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sweet

     
  • At 5:37 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    There are just some things that should not be bought "generic" or the store brand.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home