FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, July 14, 2005

"I'm so excited, ooh weee, & I just can't hide it"

You may recall, a couple of weeks ago, me speaking of a plan.
A plan involving TV.
Well, that very plan is extremely close to coming to fruition.
I better explain, eh?

For my sins, I am a big fan of Big Brother. Some years back now Reckless, Dream Girl & myself composed a song about the show, just in jest. The song has such a fine melody that it later became a proper song: "Big lover".
Big Brother's Little Brother (a sort of sister show hosted by Dermot O'Leary) has been running a competition of sorts to get people to write an original song about that week's events & if good enough they are invited to perform the song live on BBLB's Sunday show.
We submitted our entry a couple of weeks ago.
This afternoon Reckless got a phone call from one of the show's researchers. Turns out we've been shortlisted for this Sunday's show. I've just got to get some revised lyrics together (which I'm gonna focus on after I've posted this) & send them off. As yet nothing is concrete but it sounds extremely promising. She also told him that if we didn't get on this week, we'd still be in the running for later weeks.
So this Sunday I may well be singing one of my own songs on national television!!!!!!

I hope my trans-Atlantic readers will still share in my excitement even though they won't actually see it. As for you lot here in Blighty, as soon as I know anything definite I will post the details.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:06 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    That's crazy exciting!!! Is there a website for that show or anything for those of us who don't get it on TV? Congrats!!!

     
  • At 9:51 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Yay! Flash...that is, absolutely, the best news I've heard all day. I would love to hear it, too, if there's a website or something.

     
  • At 9:57 pm, Blogger LB said…

    Oh. My. God.

    Don't forget who your friends are, will you when you're a big time TV music legend?

    and you might get to meet Davina McCall... purr. purr. purr.

    so come on then, what rhymes with "Mikose is a fruitcake bonkers silly cow"?

     
  • At 10:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! Nice one Flash.
    Fingers crossed matey.

    For the peeps living in the colonies > http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/

    not sure what they show in the feeds and whether its pay-per-view or owt

     
  • At 10:31 pm, Blogger GJC said…

    DUDE!!! How excellent is THAT???

    We've got BB here too, but any song written about the US version would have to have a rhyme of "skank/stank", and that's just overdone.

     
  • At 11:07 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Legend!
    I'll be looking out to record it!
    Let me know AS SOON AS YOU KNOW!

     
  • At 5:32 am, Blogger LavaLady said…

    And I can say "I knew him when..."

     
  • At 12:46 pm, Blogger Di Gallagher said…

    Well, that's just cricket, that is!

     
  • At 12:50 pm, Blogger Mike Davis said…

    As the great sage and poet Steve O would say, "Dude, you rock!"

    Good for you mate. Make sure somebody finds a way to produce an mpeg of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home