FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Friday, August 11, 2006

"We bite and scratch and scream all night"

I have a houseguest at the moment. This happens every year around the same time. My friends bugger off on holiday & I get lumbered with the cat. It's all a bit different this year though. Sadly, Purdy died a few months back of old age, so the old girl hasn't come to stay.
No, this year I have 2 bloody weeks with a mentalist...

A mentalist named Missy. The latest addition to the Reckless & Dream Girl clan. She's actually sitting on my lap as I type this. She's most intrigued by the drawstring on my shorts.
She's been a complete nutter. One night this week, she went totally off her head. Out of the blue she started literally tearing round the room like a kitty possessed. She then turned her attentions to Nice & I. In the end we had to seek refuge in my bedroom. Both of us have several little scratches on our hands as a legacy of Missy's madness (one of which stung like fuck today when I got a small tear in my glove while handling hydrochloric acid, ow!). To be honest, we suspect she may have got a little stoned as we had a few joints on the night in question.
Having said all that, she is great & it's been a lot of fun playing with her. The Boy has been loving his Missy-time too.

Not much has been going on this week other than work, which has somehow been hectic & chilled at the same time.

I'll finish up by sharing one of life's little moments of fortune with you. I was putting a load of washing on earlier. I routinely checked the pockets of my jeans &... voila! A tightly rolled up £10 note.

I don't know why it's like that though, honest.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Flash. I hear you have a gorgeous new header. We can't wait to see it! :D

     
  • At 10:38 pm, Blogger weenie said…

    If I luckily found a tenner in a pocket, I would put the whole lot on the lotto....just in case the luck carried over, ya know what I mean?

    Alas, I've never found a tenner yet...

     
  • At 1:02 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Gee, I wonder why you forgot that was in your pocket?!

    That cat sounds a bit like a kitten. How wonderful!

     
  • At 12:17 pm, Blogger Babs said…

    Dammit. Now I'm going to be singing Lovecats all day. I mean don't get me wrong, I love that song, but I'm going to be out in public for gods sake!!

     
  • At 4:01 pm, Blogger Cody Bones said…

    "Money found/won is sweeter than money earned" Ari Gold-Entourage.

     
  • At 5:41 pm, Blogger Stef said…

    A tightly rolled tenner eh? I wonder how that heppened ;-P

     
  • At 5:44 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    Hi there!

    Missed ya, when are you gonna have a few minutes??

    Glad you found the money, who the hell cares how it got there or what it was for...at least you kept it and didn't give it away.

    Love kitty stories, makes me want one.

    oooo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home