FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, January 18, 2004

"I'll be there for you 'cos you're there for me too"

After reading back over last night’s drunken ramblings, I must address Reckless. Reckless is my best friend & I love him dearly. Some of what I wrote last night may have belied that fact, but although true at the time, it was simply the sound of envy being voiced. Odd thing, drunkenness. Experience has taught me that people invariably say & do what they really truly feel when pissed, yet use drunkenness as a disclaimer the next day. I’m not going to do that. What I wrote last night was a true reflection of how I felt last night. What actually pissed me off is that I was really enjoying the 3 of us having a laugh. Then all of a sudden it stopped & they buggered off. It’s hard to have any kind of drunken fun on your own. So that triggered the venting of my spleen.
Right now I’m sitting in Zoobie Island. One of those huge indoor play areas with ballpits & slides & tunnels & stuff. The Boy is off doing his bit to contribute to the colossal noise of children enjoying themselves. Looking around the seating area where I drink my not-very-nice-at-all coffee, there are families mostly. Cheerfully chatting & proudly watching their offspring having fun. Also there are a couple of cliques of young mums all uniformed in bottle blonde & miniskirts. They’re not unattractive but they are so stylised that the plainer, more natural looking women stand out more. Then there are the 3 or 4 men like me, sitting alone reading papers & drinking tea. It’s pure conjecture but I imagine they’re all estranged dads like me.The reasonably pretty lady in the red about 10 feet away has just unwittingly given me a sensational look down her top. Nice view it was & it’s got me wondering if women are aware of exactly how much scrutiny their bodies are constantly under. Men (not just me) in general spend an enormous amount of time looking at breasts & bums. I would estimate that the penis controls about 30% of all eye movement & there’s nothing the brain can do about it. If it could, then it would stop men from crashing their cars by making them watch the road instead of the scantily clad hotty on the pavement. It would also prevent the horror of getting caught looking up skirts & down tops. On behalf of men everywhere I apologise to the fairer sex but if you had a dick thinking for you, you’d understand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home