FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

"I'm going crazy with boredom"

Again little to report but I’ll try nonetheless. Cocked up big time at work last night. To cut a long story short I left a valve open & subsequently poured a couple of hundred litres of paint resin (a white glue-like paste) all over the floor & into the new state of the art water treatment system. Doh! Apparently the general manager –an obnoxious Geordie git for whom the term “little Hitler” was surely created – wanted to throw the book at me but my good friend & supervisor, The Silver Fox, stuck up for me. Still likely to be disciplined though. That’ll put the kibosh on any hopes of a pay rise for a while!
Bought Franz Ferdinand’s self titled debut album today & after 3 listens it sounds bloody great! My e-bay addiction continues although I have stopped buying expensive stuff. It is truly fantastic for getting those long deleted CDs from days of yore & also for re-establishing my “Friends” collection, now all on DVD of course! Temper Tantrum had our whole collection of videos when we split up, which was fair enough as my CDs escaped pretty much unscathed. Out of the 20 she took I’ve replaced all but 2 (currently watching them both on e-bay!)
No romance as yet & no replies to my messages but it’s still early days.
A rare occurrence last night: my beloved yet beleaguered Leeds beat Wolves 4-1! Yay! On a whim of optimism I checked the next couple of fixtures to see if it could herald the start of a run of form in our battle to stay in the premiership.
Next game?
Manchester united.
Away.
Oh bugger!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home