FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Friday, January 30, 2004

"Leave all this misery behind"

So reasons to be cheerful coming right up but first a little moan. I’m pissed off at Reckless; I rang him yesterday morning & told him of my ordeal & got no reaction whatsoever. Even Temper Tantrum expressed concern & sympathy for me, but no, not Reckless. I cant but think “ Hey you’re my friend, part of the criteria for that role is caring about me & occasionally expressing that.”
Right, bring on the happy stuff! I had a nice kip today at Funny Dance’s where he & They Used To Be Even Bigger (his wife) looked after me, bless ‘em. Then I went to see The Boy & we spent a lovely couple of hours together. We went sledging, albeit for only 10 minutes, but it was a lovely father-son moment that is making me smile as I write. He got me the best of REM cd for my birthday, which is cool.
Now it’s all about looking forward, in an hour or so I will be paying for my most extravagant e-bay purchase, a multi-track tape recorder (portastudio, if you like). I am giddy with excitement about its arrival; I can make some music, get some of my rather excellent (if I do say so myself) songs down on tape. Can’t wait!
Then tonight Buddy With Boobs & I are going to London to see The White Stripes. The last time I saw them it was an almost religious experience, which prompted me to write “Jack White”: a song that may get recorded soon! Yay!
Then on Saturday night my friends & I are going out on the razz! I aim to get drunk & have a ball. I’m considering constructing an “It’s my birthday- giz a snog!!” badge. I’d fucking love a snog! On top of all this I’m excited by the prospect of Reckless & Dream Girl’s prezzie for me. They always get the best presents. My drums at Xmas being a fine example.
So lots to be optimistic about & hopefully no more dreary moaning.
Having said that, it’s chuffing freezing & I demand that it stops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home