FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, February 19, 2004

"It's just the buisness of life, if you're not getting lucky you're just getting by"

Hello. I know it’s been a while but so little of note has happened that I’ve not been inspired to report it. Still nothing has happened but I’m at work on days & I’ve nothing to do so here we are…
I spent a nice few days with The Boy. We went up to Yorkshire. It was nice but truth be told, a little dull. I feel like I’m on a plateau at the moment. Nothing bad is happening so I’m not down about anything, yet there’s nothing to be particularly happy about either. So I’m just plodding really.
Spend pretty much all day yesterday with Reckless & the multi-tracker. Frustratingly we achieved very little. Recording seems to be really amplifying our weaknesses as musicians. I did do a fantastic vocal for “My worthless friend” but that recording had to be scrapped for technical reasons. Think we really need a programmable drum machine.
Still no romance on the horizon & sadly for the first time since I was 14 I didn’t get any valentines cards, nor did I send any. I was going to send one just containing the words “Hopelessly…endlessly” but I ran the idea through my what-do-you-hope-to-achieve filter & had to abort the plan.
I have a free weekend this week but as yet no plans. I really could do with going out but the usual obstacles of where & who with need to be overcome. Think I’ll ask Funny Dance.
Well I’ve been back at work on days for 2 hours & I’m bored stupid. I don’t really know what I’m supposed to be doing anymore or indeed what my role is. On nights it’s easy for I am on my own & I know what’s expected of me, also there are ways of passing any empty time. This is just crap. Think I may have to start looking in the chronicle again. The only part of my work that I find fulfilling is the training, which only happens on rare occasions. I’d like to train full time.
I’m ostrich like by nature so facing up to problems isn’t something I generally do. However something keeps looming into view. I’m 34 years old, smoke 20 fags a day, eat nothing but crap & take no exercise. Yes folks, roll up roll up & see the heart attack waiting to happen! I know I have to change but I’m terribly undisciplined. I shall soon instigate a new regime! *
Also coming up soon: Big Brother. I applied last year to no avail but I think I’ll try again. This will involve going to an audition day & queuing up outside trying to get noticed whilst not looking like a twat. Now there’s a challenge! I would dearly love to get in the house, if nothing else it would give this plodding monotonous life of mine a good shake. It would certainly increase the sales of this book, eh?


*Note from August me- As if (typing with fag in hand & bacon sandwich just devoured)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home