FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, May 24, 2004

"I know what I'm here for"

Phew! That was a mad weekend. Friday was cool, nothing of any great note happened yet it was a good night. I only found out last night though that I pissed off Buddy With Boobs big style. Apparently in my drunken state I had told Major T about the whole photo-of-breast incident from back in January. She told me last night that she was very angry with me. At first I was really sad that I’d let her down & subsequently gave her a full genuine apology, she still sulked with me all night. Now though, I can’t help thinking that it’s not a big deal really is it? I also think that I’ve put a lot of time in lately, making sure I’m there for her. I think I’ve been a rock for her of late, I’ve listened to all her woes & I given her support & advice (as any good friend would). I think she could’ve taken that into account before lashing out at me. Anyway I went home about midnight so I wouldn’t be late for work on Saturday.
Work was great. I love doing my training. I was at Desford with a group of 14 & it was really cool. I was on top form & we had a lot of fun while still achieving all that we had to. From there I had a lovely tune assisted drive back to Crapsville. I arrived at Funny Dance’s at 2 & we headed straight up town to watch the cup final (Manchester united beat Millwall). It turned out to be a great day, I obviously got steaming drunk but as often the case with all day drinking by around 8ish I’d reached that blissful state where no matter how much more you drink, you stay at the same level of drunkenness. The whole day was spent with a posse of guys who I know but rarely hang with (other than Funny Dance obviously, who left about 7) & it turned out to be a very bloky day. I had been wearing trainers all day having not anticipated going clubbing. However, last orders were called so now the club was the only option. On the recommendation of a girl who was dishing out flyers I put my black socks over my trainers. My god it so nearly worked! I got past 2 bouncers & the 3rd & final one only got me at the last second. Fair cop, guv. I really didn’t mind as I’d had a wonderful day full of fun & laughter. So I happily got myself a burger & walked back to the Bronx & that was the end of Saturday…or so I thought. As I got upstairs Do You Kiss Your Mum With That Mouth’s door was open & she said hello. Her friends’ 2 kids were there too. She said they were just about to watch a film: The Ring & did I want to join them? Now as Reckless & Dream Girl had bigged this movie up to me in the past I thought why not? So I sat next to Do You Kiss Your Mum With That Mouth on the bed & started watching. It wasn’t long until it was decided that it was too scary for the kids (which was bloody obvious anyway!) so she then put on “heartbreakers”, a bloody awful film which was only redeemed by Jennifer Love Hewitt looking hotter than the sun throughout it. Anyway the kids fell asleep & slowly Do You Kiss Your Mum With That Mouth & I got closer to each other, the “accidental” touches became more frequent & before long we were kissing, this was followed by some mild fumbling about. Obviously due to the presence of the kids this was as far as it went. I finally got into my own bed at 04:00. To be honest the whole thing with Do You Kiss Your Mum With That Mouth took me totally by surprise. I suspect that wont be the last time either. Though I will have to tell her clearly that I’m not in the market for a girlfriend.
Sunday came along all too quickly & it was time for Smiler’s christening. The whole thing was lovely. I’ve always got on very well with Funny Dance’s family so it was nice to see them. Reckless & Dream Girl came over with their brood & it was cool to see everybody together. It was also nice to see that It’s A London Thing didn’t seem to be holding any grudges, not that he’d have any right to! It was much more comfortable than anticipated, so that was cool. After 2 or 3 hours, The Boy & I followed the guys over to Northampton. We had a lovely few hours over there just hanging out in their lovely garden. Dream Girl actually showed some sparkles of what is never said & even confessed to feeling pangs of jealousy at my recent dalliances with girls, she did also say that she was genuinely happy for me & that she was pleased to see me with a spring in my step. She also told me that she always tells the truth when she’s drunk. She was drunk. So again, with no intent on her part I’m sure, the cruel hand that fate has dealt me is brought to the forefront of my mind. I may’ve actually come to the conclusion that the pursuit of sex will be fun but the pursuit of love is a waste of time for my heart belongs to Dream Girl & I suspect it always will.
None of this made me unhappy though & we all had a thoroughly nice afternoon. The Boy had a lovely time too; he & Cutieboy are just like a mini-me & a mini-Reckless. If they forge a friendship as strong & as durable as that of their fathers then they won’t go far wrong.
On the way home we ran out of petrol (Doh!) & Temper Tantrum had to come & rescue us, which she did with good grace. I got home with just enough time to have a quick shower & a little flirt with Do You Kiss Your Mum With That Mouth before I had to go to work, I was dead on my feet. Still, during work I wrote a song. I’ve not picked a title for it yet but I think it’s a good un’!
I bought 3 (yes 3!) brand new albums on Friday. Ash, Keane & Morrissey. All sound good but Keane are leading by a nose at this early stage.
Today my audition date arrived for my great leap into the cheesy world of TV talent shows. The X factor is the brainchild of Simon Cowell & is basically pop idol with no upper age limit. So on Monday 7th June I shall drag my arse down to London again, prepared for rejection having learned my lesson from Big Brother. I am totally prepared to have nothing come of it. That said, I do have a genuine talent as a singer so who knows? I have to sing a verse & a chorus a capella. I really don’t know what I’ll sing yet but I have some ideas.
Blimey, it’s all go y’know! I haven’t even told you about my flat yet! Temper Tantrum texted me on Friday & said that her sources had told her that someone had done a moonlight flit from one of the flats in my building. Armed with this info, I phoned the housing association & said flat should be mine in 3 weeks at the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home