FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

"I wish for a choir of angels"

I’m feeling very introspective. I’m having one of those moments where loads of different thoughts & ideas are flashing through my head, like cars on a motorway; you can only focus on each one for an instant until you have to turn your attention to the next & so on.
I’ve been out in the yard in the darkness singing to the stars, facing east as always & I had a little blast of Easyworld. Each song overtaking me & then me overtaking it. Each one becoming my song, my thoughts, my emotions. I’ve said before no one has impacted their lyrics onto my heart like Mr. Ford has, we really must have had some similar experiences.
Started with “Saddest song”- felt every word, then “Bleach”. “Bleach” was the first song I ever heard by Easyworld, tonight I seemed to really feel it not just get it- “make me feel I’m alive”. Then “A stain to never fade”, “Drive” & “Goodnight” were simply fantastic, a short turbulent trip through the parts of my heart that only I know.
I have never found any more potent way of expressing my emotions than with song. I’ve had some wonderfully spiritual moments here & there in my life where I have been able to perform a song to the person it was written for. It’s the purest form of communication I’ve ever shared with the exception of the odd bout of proper love-fuelled emotionally charged lovemaking. Unless I’m unluckier than I already suspect, that kind of lovemaking doesn’t happen all that often, even in the strongest long-term relationship.Hey ‘ark at me waffle on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home