FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Friday, July 09, 2004

"I only want you to be with me"

I’ve been thinking about Dream Girl a lot tonight. Pining. Wallowing. Wishing…
Singing out across the fields into the night sky, facing east. My I-pod has made it so much easier to mourn the twist of fate from which I fear I’ll never recover. Oh yes; now I just call up my special Dream Girl playlist & away I go. Sometimes I smile, sometimes I shiver & sometimes I see a slide show of flashbacks in my head. There is one particular song that has come to be the quintessential Flash & Dream Girl song. When that comes on I perform it just as I did all that time ago complete with “I heard that” to my right after the first chorus. I remember how I swaggered down from the stage (it was only karaoke but I absolutely nailed it) to rapturous applause, wearing a huge grin, eyes fixed on hers. There she was, the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen, smiling back at me. It plays like a scene from “Notting Hill” or “Fours weddings…” or such like. The venue & supporting cast may’ve been a bit more “Open all hours” though! I still ache for her, nothing’s changed. Even now that other women are finally starting to filter into my world, it’s still Dream Girl. The only one I want. Thank you Trent, your timing is impeccable.

As I was writing that last bit my I-pod played me Nine Inch Nails’ “Something I can never have”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home