FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

"Take me to The Church"

London baby was great as always & a mighty fine time was had. Saturday started with the full posse of 12 converging on the station to get the train. The full 12 were: Me, Funny Dance, It’s A London Thing (a London native who introduced me to the wonders of a weekend “in town” some 4 or 5 years back), Namesake, In The Same Boat (Funny Dance’s brother-in-law), Big Laugh Brummie, If The Wife Caught Me Smoking, Sound But Spitty, Fountain Dweller & 50% (all who I’ve come to know since Funny Dance’s Blackpool stag weekender & last year’s London baby- all decent sorts) & finally 2 newcomers Babyface & Older Than Me. The fact that Older Than Me is emigrating to Australia in a couple of weeks became the unofficial “reason” for the whole shebang.
After dropping the bags at the hotel the drinking began. Couple of pints & an all day breakfast, great start. Then we all went down to Clapham; an old haunt of It’s A London Thing. As we had our first pint down there Funny Dance suggested that we should pop a pill, fine by me! I took mine 10 minutes after him who already was hugging everyone around him & telling me how much he loves me, bless him. He always gets like that & it’s quite endearing. I started to buzz as we moved on to the next pub; we’d only been there a couple of minutes when Wonder Woman arrived! I bounded straight over to her & had my photo taken with her in exchange for a drink. Fair enough I thought until it cost me 4 quid! Much to the amusement of the posse.
And, not wanting to be too much of a bloky arsehole here but surely it’s a pre-requisite for wearing a wonder woman costume to have some sort of bust?
After a few more beers we headed back on the tube to the hotel where we all got changed in readiness for the big night out. Myself, Funny Dance, Namesake & In The Same Boat were sharing a room & we also shared out the wiz so at least us 4 would be up for it! Most of the guys wanted a feed before we hit Soho but Funny Dance, Namesake, 50% & I elected not to & went to the pub instead. Funny Dance & I started chatting to some girls down from Manchester on a hen night. One of them was very nice & I was getting on really well with her. I was reluctant to leave but by now the others were on route to Soho so off we toddled. From then a great time was had by all except poor In The Same Boat. At about 11 the posse split into 2 groups, one bunch going to a strip club & the rest going clubbing. In The Same Boat inexplicably lost both groups & his phone had just run out of charge! So he spent 4 hours wandering around Soho on his own whilst wizzing his tits off! I went clubbing (Going to the same strip club for the 4th year running just didn’t appeal) where many more drinks were consumed & many dances were danced. Maybe drugs give Funny Dance some much needed rhythm because his dancing was uncharacteristically not funny, or maybe the drugs I’d ingested altered my mind that much!
On the way back to the hotel we went past the Astoria (ah so many memories of so many fine gigs, I did my first ever crowdsurf there) as we did Girls Aloud were being driven out of the back (sadly not out of the country). I could only see Sarah in the front as the others were (I assume) in the back behind tinted glass. As they waited to join the main road I tapped on the window next to Sarah & told her she was very hot. She smiled but for some reason that I still haven’t fathomed out, she didn’t ask me back to hers for a shag. Odd. So that was Saturday. Ooh, actually that’s not quite it. Whilst grooving away in the club fuelled by a dubious mix of vodka, cranberry juice, wiz & ecstasy there was a buzz in my pocket as well as my head. Text from Impressive Cleavage! Remember her? She simply put Hello so I replied with the same. She then asked me where I was & I told her I was in London. It would seem she didn’t quite understand that as her next message read & I quote “I’m in the club, come up, I will shag you”. FUCKING TYPICAL!! I could not believe it, believe it or not but I don’t often (i.e. Never) have girls offering sex out of the blue. It felt good to actually be desired by someone but did it have to be while I was 70 miles away in London? Anyway some further texting ensued & it was arranged that we’d meet on Monday. We didn’t & I haven’t heard a peep since, just like last time. Not that I’m bothered, she’ll be back!
Woke about 9 on Sunday, went down for breakfast (which was yummy this year, quite a surprise after last year’s barely edible effort) & sniggered at Funny Dance & his pounding head. The off to The Church. Yay! Pills were swallowed just before going in which was a masterstroke! I just started really rushing just as the tunes started & the tunes were absolutely sublime. First up was Reef’s “Place your hands”. Ace. Not far behind was Jet’s “Are you gonna be my girl?” during which of course I did find a hot girl to sing “now you don’t need no money with a face like that, do ya honey?” to. When “7 nation army” came on my head exploded like I had swallowed a 100 mega-ton bliss grenade! I looked round the place in my chemically fuelled state & soaked up the vibe of this absolutely perfect place, totally life-affirming. After Church we went to the backpacker, which is kinda the law, & continued to be happy, happy, happy! To my utter shock at about 5 o clock Funny Dance comes round to the dancefloor where In The Same Boat & I are grooving away & announces that everyone has had enough & that they’re all going home! Are we coming? Are we fuck! Namesake, In the Same Boat (who was making friends with a girl) & I were staying. So the other 9 went home. I would’ve normally been well annoyed that no one other than Funny Dance came & said goodbye but in my loved up state I really could not give a shit. Bloody lightweights!! Anyway the 3 of us continued to drink, dance, & in In The Same Boat’s case, snog until we had to go for the last train. We stopped in another pub on the way back to the hotel to collect the bags & then had a final drink at Euston station. Train home was a bit of a blur but I do know that over the weekend & particularly those last few hours Namesake, In The Same Boat & myself bonded quite a bit. We’ve said since that we’ll be doing the whole thing again soon with or without the lightweights! Namesake’s mum (god bless her!) picked us up at the station & dropped me right outside the flat. It was a fantastic weekend; I enjoyed every minute from start to finish. And that’s the whole idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home