FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, December 06, 2004

"It's getting hot in here..."

Sorry for my absence, I'm afraid my internet connection at home has gone tits up. So here is the silver lining to being at work at this hour.
So what's been going on? As per usual a whole load of nothing much that I will somehow manage to waffle on about for ages.

Thursday: Whilst browsing through Crapsville's weekly local paper (Sample front page headline: Shopping trolley found abandoned in park) I spotted a camera phone for sale at a very reasonable price. Now as I still hadn't gotten Dream Girl a birthday present & knowing that she desired said item, I called, did the deal & acquired the phone. This then meant a trip to Northampton to deliver the gift. It went down very well & I felt great relief that I'd belatedly managed to hang on to my reputation of gift giver supreme. Decided to stay over there for the night & shared a few smokes.

Friday was Cutieboy's 6th birthday so The Boy & I went over again. I took the boys to McDonald's for tea then to the cinema to see "The Incredibles". I thought it was great & the little men loved it to bits. The Boy has now found a new hero in Dash. From what I can gather most of his school playtime consists of racing around the playground at various speeds such as Jet electric, hyperspeed, etc. Now I imagine he will be adding Dash-speed to his repatoire. I also bought Reckless a little present as he's been a bit down lately. I got him a tape thing for the car so he can listen to his minidisc player in the car, just a little gesture to try & put a little smile on his face. Again we stayed in Northampton for the night.

Saturday we hung out in Northampton till lunchtime & then came back to Crapsville. We hung out in the flat & the usual games involving his Star Wars figures were vetoed in favour of playing Incredibles. Then Saturday night I watched a film then Match of the day & went to bed.
Sunday was lovely. Usually on Sundays I have The Boy all day but this week he went back to his Mum's at 10 am leaving me the whole day to myself. I went out for some breakfast & then sat at the computer to catch up on all the various blogs I read. It was then that I discovered that I couldn't get online. Though I was bitterly disappointed it did turn out to be a double-edged sword. I now had lots of time to kill & not much to kill it with. So I turned my attentions to my "album". WARNING! Lots of self-indulgent music talk approaching!
To be honest work on the "album" had ground to a bit of a halt. "Upon the scales" just wasn't going as I wanted it to & I'd took a break from it. Yesterday I resumed work on it & it all fell into place. I spent hours on it & it grew, it breathed & it became a thing of genuine wonder. When I played back the final version I got shivers down my spine & I smiled a big, broad smile of pride. People, it sounds awesome! I am so happy with it, it really sounds as close to the version I hear in my head as I can get it with my limited means. I didn't want to stop there though & I ploughed straight into "Hate farm". It's already three quarters finished & it's sounding cool. Trouble with "Hate farm" & a couple of others that I haven't started yet, is that although they were written by me alone they took shape with a lot of input from Reckless & his guitar. I just have this feeling that he's not gonna like the way it turns out & his approval is very important to me. He recently told me that he didn't like "We both know" & although I accepted it with good grace, I was a bit cheesed off. Still, this album is for me & if other people like it that's a bonus. Actually that's a load of bollocks, I want everyone who hears it to think it's fantastic & confirm that I am THE great lost talent of my generation!!

Aside from my "album" I spent some of my time watching a bit of footy & then I attempted something new in the kitchen. I only have a microwave & a toaster so we're not talking cordon bleu here. In Tesco when I did my shopping I picked up a microwave chicken tikka masala (buy one, get one free!), some poppadoms & some naan bread. So when I started to prepare this culinary treat I realised that the naan breads didn't have any microwave instructions. I'm a bit hopeless when it comes to food so I phoned Reckless who told me that I couldn't microwave them but I should just sit them on top of my toaster. So that's what I did. Then the phone rang & it was my far flung special friend. It was a delight to hear from her especially as I couldn't e-mail or IM with her. Sadly this sudden injection of company distracted me from my "cooking" & before you could say "Ooh this reminds me of Backdraft" the flat was full of smoke, the smoke alarm was beeping like a thing possessed & I sadly had to leave my friend to attend to my mini-crisis. The naan bread was burnt to a crisp & my poor toaster had melted all around the top of it. Bugger!

To my trans-Atlantic caller I say a big sorry for having to rush off & a big thankyou for the call. It's always a pleasure to hear from you & you added to the loveliness of my day.
And that's what I've been up to.

Finally, to any commenters please can you as part of your comment appeal to The Duke Of Jokes to resume his comments. He told me recently that he felt like he was intruding as he's not a fellow blogger. I miss his comments & I hope my regulars do as well. So come back matey!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:39 am, Blogger shorty said…

    Sucks about the PC, get it fixed!

    Duke of Jokes, we don't care if you blog or not, comment, please, you know you want to!! And now you know I want you to too!

    Sorry to hear you almost set the flat on fire. Glad you made it out alive. Too bad the toaster didn't survive. : (

     
  • At 3:01 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Don't be frightened off Duke.
    None of us bite!
    I'm so glad its not just me who has cooking problems, I'm still setting things on fire and leaving things cooking whil I forget about them, cos I'm distracted by the TV.

     
  • At 10:13 pm, Blogger ericorbit said…

    did that newspaper article mention where they took the shopping trolley? i lost mine last week and i've been looking all over for it.

     
  • At 7:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok ok the DoJ is back in da house.
    Thanks for the kind words to Flash and his loyal readers Cheryl & Charby for their kind comments ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home