FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

"All my people right here right now, D'you know what I mean?"

Fear not loyal readers!
You no longer need to appeal to Bob Geldof for I have been saved. My belly is full from a hearty meal of sausage & chips, my power supply has been replenished & I have a fag dangling from my mouth as I type. I even have a Plain Chocolate Orange to be devoured during the footy. Hurrah!!

My earlier post got me thinking about Prince & his love for all things purple.
I have been pondering whether the little fella would have been quite so successful if he had been obsessed with a different hue.
Now try singing "Purple rain" but substituting purple with any other colour of your choice, go ahead do a few, I'll wait....

Right, not one of them sounded right did they?
The only one that even came close for me was turquoise but the image of the album sleeve looked utterly blee-gusting!
Go ahead picture it... It's night time, mist rolls along the dark street lit only by the muted orange glow of the streetlamp. An impressively bosomed woman stands at her doorway & gazes in admiration at our hero sat astride his mighty turquoise motorcycle clad in his extravagant diamond studded turquoise suit.
Perhaps he wasn't quite so bloody nutty after all.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:32 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    You didn't tell us how you ran into such good fortune, and Purple ROCKS! That's why it is my favorite color. Oooooh, I bet that erked you. I ruined 2 English words back to back. : )~

    Glad you're happy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home