FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, November 22, 2004

"I'll sleep when I'm dead"

Hello bloggybuds!
The weekend has been hectic.
Friday saw two rare & very welcome events come to pass.
A night out on the beer & the ingestion of an E. Nice.
It was a good night, out with Crisp Fiend, Namesake & joined later by Funny Dance, Sound But Spitty, et al. In all honesty the pill had little effect other than changing my perception of the passing of time. I spent ages in the club talking to a nice (happily married) lady who claimed to be a professional (shit! I've forgotten how to spell) clairvoyant. It was a very pleasant random conversation with a stranger without the need to try & get into her knickers. Apparently, I've never felt any real pain in my life (I beg to differ!) but I'm going to! My future includes becoming a widower!! Lucky for me, I don't believe in any of that mumbo jumbo or I'd be proper worried. Also that would suggest that I'm gonna marry again, which is about as likely as a large kangaroo popping it's head round the laboratory door right now & demanding to know why I'm not correcting the slightly out of spec conductivity on stage 9.

Saturday was Dream Girl's birthday. As they are currently as skint as I am, it was a low key affair involving the 3 of us, a bottle of vodka & the 3 remaining pills I had left.
Saturday's E was far superior to Fridays & we all had a wonderful blissed out night talking, doing some tunes (of which the rarely played "The truth about you" was a chilled out triumph) & being silly. As is always the way with pills there was a lot of love in the air, which is never a bad thing, eh?
They went to bed at about 2 & I settled onto the sofa, with my I-pod caressing my ears with just Depeche Mode (I've been in modey mood all weekend!). As I lay there with my eyes closed two rather lovely things happened. First during "Comatose", which honestly is not one of their better tunes, my whole body just slipped away from me. The song, for the first time ever, sounded incredible. Then as I lay motionless with eyes gently closed, I became aware of a small white glow in my field of "vision". This turned out to be the E angel who was making sure that only the most lovely thoughts entered my head, like in between songs thinking "aaah, listen, they're making love above me right now, bless 'em!". Drugs, they are truly great sometimes! Usually I'd be thinking "Bastard! I wish I was making her make that noise, life's so unfair, boo hoo, etc..."

Sunday passed without note. I got home about 7pm, watched a film and went to bed at 9 (unheard of!!). My computer has now had a whole 60 hours without being switched on which is double unheard of.

I'm blogging from work where I'm almost halfway through the final hour of an 18 hour shift. Delusions Of Grandeur has a couple of days off, so I thought I'd help out & make myself some serious overtime. Only 14 hours tomorrow.

Christ on a bike!! That's the biggest kangaroo ever!
I'm going to add some DI water right now, Skippy!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home