FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, January 16, 2005

"Must I always be your clown?"

I was watching TV last night when an advert came on about loving life. This sparked off something in my mind & I gave it a lot of thought.
I do not love life. It's ok but I don't love it. To put it another way, life is a Sound But Spitty or a 50% not a Dream Girl or a Far Flung Friend.
It doesn't offend me or greatly upset me in any way & I often enjoy bits of it but I do not love it & I can't see any reason why that would ever change.
I feel a reasonable amount of guilt for simply feeling this way when so many people have recently lost their lives, which they may well have loved.
It just seems like a relentless battle to remain happy in a world where my reasons for happiness become less apparent by the day. There are so many things I'd like to do, like to experience but they are so far out of my reach & everytime I decide to stretch out & grab something I usually end up losing my footing & falling into the mire.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly depressed or down, I just wonder if it's possible to love life.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:35 pm, Blogger GJC said…

    I'm right there with ya, big guy.

    It's possible to love life. It just doesn't last. And afterwards it's worse.

    Life and I have a sort of malign tolerance for each other. I suppose I'll miss it when it's gone--but then again, when it's gone I won't much care, now will I?

     
  • At 2:03 am, Blogger shorty said…

    WOW! Thank you for that ;) I never thought about it, but the last time I loved life was probably Disney World when I was 5. I'll love it again, when I can take my daughter there!!! Circle of Life and all.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home