FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, January 09, 2005

"It was something for the weekend"

Friday night I went & spent the evening with Reckless & Dream Girl. A great time was had. We got very stoned & quite drunk, we also laughed so much that it hurt.
I can't pinpoint any real source of the hilarity now, I guess we were just on top form.
We had a bit of a sing-song. At the request of the kids we did "Frog" & "Big lover" which were both fun. Reckless then started playing "Hate farm" & it was blistering. However, as it is my only song with any sort of political aganda, we all found it quite strange to see The Eavesdropper & Noisy But Sweet dancing around the kitchen gleefully singing "..just get off my land". A fireside favourite? No, not "Hate farm".

Whenever I get to a point where I think I'm in 100% control of the Dream Girl situation, she must be able to bloody sense it! On friday she was charming, funny & radiantly beautiful. Sigh.

On saturday The Boy & I accompanied Funny Dance, Leeds Boy & LuLu to Sixfields. Sixfields for the unknowing is Northampton Town's football ground. The home of "The Cobblers". They were playing Southampton in the FA cup. Saints won by 3 goals to 1. Some observations...
  • Taking a 5 year old isn't really wise, although The Boy initially enjoyed it he spent all of the 2nd half saying "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, can we go home now?"
  • Peter Crouch is a very odd looking human being, much more than is apparent on the telly.
  • Kevin Phillips may just keep Southampton up on his own.
  • As it has been some time since I last went to a game, I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere & the feeling of community that goes with it. I am very much looking forward to my visit to Elland Road in February.

Saturday night was also dominated by the footy; on the telly, on the x-box & on the telly again.

Today has been a quiet Boycentric day. I've really enjoyed being with him this weekend. He's now back with his mum & all that's ahead of me for the rest of the night is some blog-reading, some telly (or x-box if there's nowt on), a lovely long soak in the bath & beddybyes!

Hopefully I will be more interesting next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home