FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, January 23, 2005

"Ooohoh aahah alive & kicking"

I do wish there was some kind of permanent neural uplink to blogger. Over the last few days I've has several inspired thoughts/ideas/observations. All have come to me while not in the vicinity of a PC. Do I remember any of them now? err...
It would also assist for those infuriating times (like 10 mins ago) when all the electrics in the living room decide to trip out for no apparent reason.

I had been feeling a bit sheepish about how little I've blogged in the last week but having had a browse through my own reading list, I see I'm not alone. Perhaps it's a seasonal thing? After all, tomorrow (Jan 24) is officially the most depressing day of the year. It's true, I read it in The Sun!

What is bloody depressing is that in just 5 days time I will be 35 years old. Thirty-fucking-five!!
I know I should've grown up by now but no, not I. It is my intention to grow old in utter disgrace; One of few intentions that I feel can be achieved with some degree of success.
I'm off out on the lash, here in Crapsville on friday night. There'll be a little posse involved but you are all invited to join me. I will not be offended if you don't! I do realise the outlay involved for my overseas readers may not be viable. To my howegrown audience I say: Hey if your free & fancy a mini-adventure, I can find the room.

Work on the album continues on...
Since last post I've commenced work on "Resistance is futile". I'm down to a shortlist of 4 remaining songs. All 4 are really, really good & really should get on. "All too human" is the song that I think could be a No.1 single in the right hands. What I hear in my head is kinda like the sound, pace & urgency of "Trash" by Suede.
"Second best" is a slow, soft one with what should turn out to be one of my best vocal performances. "My worthless friend" is a feisty little bugger that is wrapped around a very specific guitar riff which I'm having trouble replicating in Reason & then there's "Haunted"...
"Haunted" is probably my finest song. It's awash with emotion & may well be the actual sound of heartbreak.
Trouble is I'm actually quite scared of them. In my own (egotistical) head I really rate these songs & I fear that I will not be able to do them justice when the time comes. As much as I adore Reason, it does have a flaw (or it may just be my limitations). I find it relatively easy to get the notes in the right places & to get the sound I desire (some of the time) but I find it nigh on impossible to inject some soul into them. Hopefully I can change that with the addition of the vocals.
I should be starting work on the sleeve this week, which excites me. Also in the offing are; The Gnu Cnu website & the album launch party, which shall take place in this very place on 26th February. Same invites apply as birthday!
obsessed, moi?

Whilst on a tunes tip, I'd just like to tell you what I'm currently digging.
I LURVE "American idiot" by Green day! Love it! Which is quite a revelation for me as I've never really got Green day before. I had a Nine Inch Nails day yesterday, which was ace! Great for listening to in the car & looking like a deranged uranatang screaming "I wanna fuck everyone in the world, I wanna do something THAT MATTERS".

More inane ramblings after Celebrity Big Brother final!
(No promises, mind)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:24 am, Blogger GJC said…

    Oh my god, I had the VERY SAME Nine Inch Nails day!!! er, week, actually. Same song in the car and everything---and yes, I looked equally deranged. Woohoo!!!

     
  • At 1:38 am, Blogger shorty said…

    Shouldn't every day be a NIN day?

     
  • At 9:20 am, Blogger Flash said…

    I dont think my fragile voice or psyche could take it everyday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home