FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, January 16, 2005

"Fate up against your will, through the thick & thin..."

Let me tell you about my x-box. Since getting it I have been playing a lot of Fifa 2004 (Got it for 8 quid, why pay 30-odd for 2005?) . I've been playing career mode which is a little bit of football manager stuff but you still play all the games. Now I've been playing with Northampton Town & not my beloved Leeds. Reason for this is that I like the challenge of coming up through the divisions up to the Premiership.
My first season was abysmal! I finished 4th from bottom in Div.3 & only a late run of form prevented me from taking the cobblers to non-league football.
Having learnt well, my second season proved much more fruitful. I bought some better players & finished second behind Hartlepool to clinch automatic promotion.
Third season was ace! I managed to assemble a strong squad with a liberal smattering of premiership players & pissed it. I only lost 3 games all season & my FA cup run brought much joy. I beat Charlton, Birmingham, Sunderland, Stoke & Wolves on route to a titanic semi final with Liverpool. My boys did me proud & they never gave up. That 90th minute goal to make it 2-1 was a terrible blow but little Northampton giving Liverpool a fright was a fine achievment.
Ok, season No.4; With a fair bit of money to spend I bought some real good players & stuck into Division 1. It's been a bit harder but it's february & I've just gone top! I've also just lost the league cup final to Manchester Utd, this time the only goal going to them in the 118th minute.

So, I make that approximately 180 games I've played in all, but it's worth it as The Premiership is only a few games away. Or rather it should be.

I just went to play & it's all gone. All of it, from the humiliation of being whooped twice in a week by Darlington to the last game, a 5-0 rout of Burnley at turf moor.

All

fucking

GONE!!!

The only workable theory as to the nature of it's disappearance is that whilst putting his Star wars game on The Boy pressed a few wrong buttons. If so, I won't be at all angry as he didn't mean it. These things happen.
However, I'm sure I'll have a much better idea of things when CID* arrive.




*like the FBI, kinda. For my army of American readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home