FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

"The sun came up with no conclusions"

I feel all bittersweet today.
Like the grand of duke of York* I am neither up nor down.
I have many reasons to be cheerful but there seems to be an equal amount of reasons not to be.

*Not to be confused with the grand old Duke of Jokes.

The weather is absolutely beautiful.
The heat in my workplace with 2 bloody great ovens doing their stuff at 200 degrees is oppressive to say the least.

My computer at home finally got its much needed upgrade a couple of weeks ago.
It spazzed out yesterday & won't let me do anything other than look forlornly at the desktop, which isn't even my usual Kylie pic cos I hadn't got round to doing that yet.

There is evidence to suggest that Nice Not Hot at work as a serious crush on the Flashman.
Nice Not Hot has a boyfriend.

I could go on.

This forthcoming weekend is gonna be a bit strange. While some of you lot are at Glasto (sob), Reckless & Dream Girl are off up to Durham & The Boy is going to Watford all weekend to be with his Aunt & Uncle.
The upside of this is that I get to have a whole weekend to myself. The downside is that I haven't seen my little fella since Sunday & I'm not gonna see him till this Sunday. I miss him.
Friday looks like a good un'. We lab staff are having a "teambuilding" thing. This consists of the rest of them going out to play golf on friday afternoon (Me? Golf? Do me a favour!) & meeting up with me for an Indian & a few beers on Friday night. I may get me some pills, maybe.
Then Saturday is a totally blank canvas. Nothing to do & seemingly nobody to do it with. And, if things don't get sorted, no computer!
Any ideas?

I was speaking to Funny Dance earlier. He & his brood are moving to Somerset & they will be going before August the first. This makes me so, so sad. I'll miss him no end. Not to mention the kids. Hell I've only just started to get a grasp on which one of The Early Birds is which.
Bugger.

Anyway I thought I had lot's to write about but it appears I was deluding myself.
Wow, that almost never happens!

7 Comments:

  • At 11:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is something for you to read on that computer.....

    I hope you get to your email soon....

    Glad all is well, or appears to be on the surface.

    ooooooooooo

     
  • At 2:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    btw, get an answering machine....

    If I'm going to take the time and money to call I'd like to hear an accent on the other end....

    geez...what does a girl have to do around here???

    Don't answer that : )

     
  • At 2:19 am, Blogger LavaLady said…

    Now that Big Boy is away for the summer, I'm actually kind of missing my kids when I'm alone. Perhaps Friday will be so wonderful you'll spend most of Saturday recovering. One can hope.

     
  • At 6:46 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Those in between days suck! I hope your mood improves and that your computer gets up and running.

     
  • At 8:33 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I find that I do my best thinking when things are bittersweet. I'm sorry that your friends are moving away, though. I absolutely HATE that. :)

     
  • At 9:22 pm, Blogger Dzesika said…

    I say we get Nice Not Hot and the International Playboy in a room together, and scold them for not leaving their significant others and moving on to us, because we are both so obviously more interesting/witty/sexy/etc.

    Do I have a plan here?

     
  • At 9:58 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    A fine plan, to be sure!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home