FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, September 05, 2005

"See the planes take off from Heathrow"

When I wasn't looking did someone speed up the passing of time?
I just seem to be struggling to fit everything in, and I know that this Blog is suffering as a result.
Still, it's all good so I'd be very foolish indeed to knock it, eh?

Friday saw me tootle down the M1 in the sunshine (in Reckless' car) as I made my way to Heathrow airport.
I'd never actually been to heathrow before. I used to work 5 minutes away from it for a couple of years, but I'd never actually been there.

I spent a rather wonderful hour waiting for Scully at arrivals. It was wonderfully heart-warming to watch as various family members & loved ones were reunited. At one point this guy came through the doors, about mid-20's, instantly spotted who I assume was his brother & dropped his bags & ran over to him where they shared a big brotherly love hug. I looked around me & almost every single person in that area was beaming with happiness at seeing this lovely little slice of humanity. It was really nice. There were several other instances, kids running up to grandparents & stuff. Standing & waiting is rarely enjoyable but that hour really was.

Then there she was, I called out & we greeted each other. We then proceeded to spend the next few hours together. God love her, she'd only brought The Boy & I some Canadian flavour gifts. It was very sweet. And to think all she got was a copy of "Confessions of an idiot"! (Albeit a "special edition" version with "White celebration" prised on to it). Later at Luton she asked me to sign it for her, prompting me to speak very loudly "Sure I'll sign my CD for you".
We drove from Heathrow to Luton in the blistering heat, chatting away like old friends. I didn't even mind the inevitable Friday afternoon crawl on the motorway.
Then after Scully had checked in at Luton we sat with a drink or two & talked & talked & talked.
Far too soon it was time to wave her off to gay Paris.
I thoroughly enjoyed her company & it totally vindicated my decision to spend my day that way.
Scully is a fantastic woman & I sincerely hope that our paths may cross again in the future.

Saturday was the day at the races. Again the sun shone brightly & it was a cracking day out.
We left Crapsville at about 10am. By 12.30 I was half cut! Luckily I wasn't the only one & I did settle into being mildly drunk for the day quite nicely.
I bet on 5 races & got 2 winners, which'll do for me!
The second winner was a horse called Joey Tribbiani! Like I was ever gonna not back that horse.
Of course Joey romped in at 7-1, providing me not only with £36 but giving me ample opportunity to holler "How you doin?" at my less fortunate colleagues.
After the race meeting we went into Stratford town centre. Sat on the grass by the river, soaking up the early evening sun, quaffing the beer & chewing the fat. Nice.
Eventually it was time to get back on the bus to Crapsville. Myself & several others were going to the club when we got back. I texted Nice.
Turns out she's at the club already, result.
So we met up. She looked great, it was the first time I'd seen her done up in full going out gear & make up. We didn't stay in the club for very long. Drunken desire X2 is difficult to resist at the best of times but when there's a bed just waiting 1 minute away it's pretty much impossible.
I'll leave the remainder of Saturday to your imagination...

OnSundayy morning Nice had to shoot off early has she had a commitment to her Mum that she had to honour, leaving me a much needed lie in. Then The Boy came round & we spent the day playing video games & letting him go on his favourite websites whilst I gave my hovel of a flat the huge tidy it deserved, including the long overdue reorganisation of my bedroom (well I am spending so much more time in there these days!).
He went home at teatime.

Within half an hour it was Nice time again.
We had a pill each & enjoyed a truly ace evening together.
I've suffered for it today on my return to work, but thankfully today has been a blissful no-plans-Monday.
I think I could do with a holiday though!
It's been non-stop.
It's been mad.
It's been brilliant.

Happy days!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:29 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    : )

     
  • At 5:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    under any circumstances, never, ever, eat at heathrow airport.

     
  • At 12:14 pm, Blogger adem said…

    Heathrow is a cool airport to wait in unlike many other 2-bit places as there's quite a bit to do.

     
  • At 2:19 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Fabulous! Glad to see you so happy!

    :)

     
  • At 5:37 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Sounds like a good weekend...I've only been to Heathrow once, and the inside experience is not so much fun. Arrivals are herded into this maze like security area that takes you at least an hour to shuffle through. After a 10 hour flight, this is not fun! Never got outside the place, except to board another flight.

     
  • At 10:46 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    5 questions for you over on my blog, Flash!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home