FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

"I live to fall asleep"

Couple of answers first:
Adam Ant - Yes, my eyes felt quite strange & you can see in the piccy that Dream Girl's eyes look a bit odd.

Sunshine - I introduced Nice to Reckless & Dream Girl, not The Boy.
And No, not as yet!

Ok where were we?
Monday afternoon.
Lil' Mum, Lil' One & I arrived at Flash towers. The 2 of them were going to see a friend who lives on the floor above me.
"Care to join us for a spliff or two, Flash?" chirps Lil' One.
As it was a no-plans Monday, I thought I may as well.
This was my first mistake.
We were shown through to the living room where there was not one young girl but four, yes four.
So now I'm in the company of Lil' Mum & 5 19 year old girls.
I know what you're thinking...
Me, The 18th earl of Flashland, in a flat with a posse of young fillies, with my reputation?
Are they mad?
No, twas I who was mad for not making my excuses immediately.
Instead I sat there & listened to the inane (& often deeply offensive) babblings of this pack of chavettes. Honestly, It wasn't just their age that was an issue here but also the lack of education. Lil' One may have actually been the worst of them.
Eventually a joint reached me. Ace, I'll get a bit stoned then I can slip downstairs to my place and get on with things.
So I inhaled, more than once.
This was my 2nd mistake.
See unbeknownst to me these girls make their doobies not with any normal dope but with a green herb that had clearly been carefully cultivated in a bed of weapons grade plutonium & napalm.
After what had seemed like an eternity but had only been about 40 minutes Lil' Mum picked up her keys...
"Ooh, are we going? Are we?" I pleaded to her with my best puppy dog eyes*
"Yes Flash"
And I escaped.

I got in & sat myself in front of the computer.
And I started to compose the post that had been promised.
This is how far I got:

Blimey!**

And that was it. I simply wasn't capable of stringing words together, never mind any semblance of eloquence. So instead I went in the bath.
It's worth pointing out here that my body had been aching all over.
All day long.
The after effects of the bungee jump combined with only getting 4 hours sleep & then completing a decent day's work had left me cream-crackered. Factor the chavette's killer spliffs into the equation & you've got one extremely worn out Flashman.

So I soaked in a beautiful bubble bath for an hour or so.
I put my dressing gown on & decided to watch telly for a bit.
I woke a couple of hours later & tried to expand on my earlier "Blimey".
I still wasn't able.
So I put a pizza in the oven, ate it & expected to regain some energy at any minute.
Then at only 8.30 I went to bed.
Phew, rock 'n roll!

I feel like I've been a bit cut off from Blogland for the last week or so & I bloody well don't like it.
Not one little bit.
I know I have things to discuss with some of you & I will be catching up with you over the next day or two.

*Few are the women that can resist my puppy dog eyes, trust me!

** I have found myself saying "Blimey" an awful lot of late.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:17 pm, Blogger LavaLady said…

    Blimey!

    I've been feeling cut off as well. I try to catch up but even when I do I can't keep my wits about me for long, so I keep rechecking and trying to reread blogs, news, etc. I'm not sure what's the matter with me...

    Always good to have the updates from Flash, whenever they arrive!

     
  • At 8:46 pm, Blogger LB said…

    Five nineteen year old girls?

    blimey.

     
  • At 9:08 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    I'm speechless. For multiple reasons.

     
  • At 2:09 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    And I feel a bit like I've been ODing on blogland. Mostly, it's been a bit of a coping strategy for stress.

    I'm sure after my holiday, which I embark on on Saturday, I'll feel the same though. 3 days from now I will be in the sky over central California for 4 days in San Diego!

     
  • At 4:07 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I want a bubble bath now. And a pizza.

     
  • At 11:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You left a flat full of chicks with dope and went and had a bubble bath. Listen to yourself boy, listen to yourself.

    In later years this too, will count as a regret.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home