FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

"Climb up real high now I fall down real far"

To assume makes an ASS of U & ME.

I am guilty of such a sin. I assumed that everybody knew of my deep love for Coldplay's X & Y & that my plop joke would be spotted as the deliberate mistake. I hold my hands up & unreservedly apologise, especially to Bee who came out in solidarity with me.
My bad.

My new darlings, Hard-Fi (one complete listen of the album so far today & likely to pop up on my 2005 playlist which I have on now) are playing the Roadmender in Northampton soon!
How cool is that? On a Sunday too, anyone fancy it?

Ok, let's look to this Sunday.
Over the years my good friend Reckless & I have shared many an adventure. Sunday brings us a new one.
At roughly 3 o'clock we are doing a bungee jump. Not together, I must stress.

Am I scared?
Not much to be honest. The way I see it is thus: worst case scenario is Flash RIP. This is about as likely as "Confessions of an idiot" going platinum. And if it did happen then at least I'd have fulfilled my wish to go out in spectacular fashion.
The thing that does concern me is that I HATE the feeling of falling, even in bloody dreams! So I have to deal with that.
On the whole though I'm really looking forward to it. It should be exhilarating & I'm all for that.
Life, to me, is not about the hoarding of material possessions or the endless pursuit of cash & prizes, it's about being rich in experience & having stories to tell. The bungee jump will be another deposit in that particular bank.
I aim to get some pictures, though I can't promise I'll look my best!

13 Comments:

  • At 6:51 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Wow! Bungee jumping. That should be amazing. I would love to see pictures.

    My biggest adventure thrill was white water rafting on the New River Gorge. Really good rapids and a spectacular couple of rides (one in which our guide went soaring out of the raft and over and under us...he was okay and we fished him out of the water).

     
  • At 7:38 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    Wait one minute....Not going out with the lion story. It's not your time then.

    Just incase....you have your back up blogger?

    How exciting. Next you will be jumping from airplanes. It would be nice if you would just get on one and get your arse over here. It's gonna be getting colder in a few months. Grrrrrr

    I have so much to say to you. An email is necessary.

    ooooooooooooo

     
  • At 8:53 pm, Blogger Erika said…

    Bungee jumping is exhilerating, to be sure, but I found I was really sore (and shaking like a leaf) afterwards. Good for you for doing something wild! I want pictures!

     
  • At 9:50 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    So. Very. Jealous.

     
  • At 10:17 pm, Blogger Dzesika said…

    how random! how fun! good luck ...

     
  • At 10:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait... You hate the idea of falling, but you're going bungee jumping? Huh? I would never have the guts. I get queasy just looking over the edge from the roof of my building!

     
  • At 10:37 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    it makes you go blind you know - apparently something to do with stress on the optic nerve.

    oh no, hang on... it's because only wankers do it.

    mio joko.

    jesus. if you only read my comments at the moment, you'd think I was a right grouchy old sod.

    I'm only kidding of course!

    and yes. I did completely miss the coldplay thing. you'd think I might have guessed having been to a coldplay concert with you, eh?

    ST

     
  • At 10:42 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    You'd think!

     
  • At 8:47 am, Blogger LB said…

    I split up with an old girlfriend once because she lied about her weight.

    Well, I say "split up".

    She died in a bungee jumping accident.



    I'll get my coat.

     
  • At 4:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Flash for some reason I can not send emails to the address you gave me. But I seem to get yours. So send me the lyrics and confirm it on one of my comment sections and we will take it from there.

     
  • At 6:31 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Hey! No jokes like that (at least not until later)!

    That's like reading your horoscope before flying in a plane...it just brings unwanted possibilities to mind.

     
  • At 5:27 am, Blogger GJC said…

    You're a braver man than I, my friend.

    Or you would be, if I was a man. Which I'm not. So...you're a braver woman than I? No, wait, that's not right either.

    Maybe I'd better try this after I get some sleep. :)

    Seriously: have fun, be safe, and make Reckless swear not to tell anyone if you squeal like a girl on the way down.

     
  • At 10:01 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    See, if you didn't use so many cuss words in your blog then I'd be able to read it at work more often, and then I'd have known you were BS-ing about the Coldplay album. So it's your fault, you naughty cussin' cusser.

    And it is possible to be completely head-over-heels in love with a band only to have that love severely tested by a mediocre (or worse) album. I mean, I nearly split up with the Manics when they released "This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours". But then they released "Know Your Enemy" and I forgave them.

    (And you won't hear many people saying that)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home