FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

"That's all they ever give me, Questions questions"

Okey doke, 5 more questions to answer, this time from the esteemed Retro Boy AKA Mark:

1. If you could be any superhero, real or imaginary, which would it be?
There was a comic I used to read as a young lad called Nova. I can't for the life of me remember what Nova's powers were but I do recall that he had fire instead of hair, which looked well cool!
So I'd have me some of that.
I'd also very much like to be a Jedi Master, like a little chubby white Mace Windu but of course with flames on the top of my head.
On top of that I would very much like to have some sort of fantastic vehicle to get me around. Something cool & nifty & full to the brim with ingenious devices & gadgets. It must however have a nice bit of boot space for when I have to go to Tesco.
My first superhero duty would, I'm afraid, have to be an act of evil. I would have to seek out & destroy the superhero known as The Flash so that I could rightfully claim my name back.

2. a while ago, you said that you didn't agree with me on everything, what things - and why?
Ok. I sometimes feel you can be a little belligerent in your views. In general I see what it is you're actually saying, & more often than not I agree with the point being made, but I'm occasionally taken aback by the way you put things. How the point is put across
In essence it's more about me (shocker!) than it is about you. I have great difficulty expressing my anger & more negative emotions. As such I can't help but struggle to deal with other people's too.
One example of something I didn't agree with that spring's to mind was a comment on another blog I saw regarding Ken Bigley. I strongly disagreed with your standpoint on that issue.
Having said all that I MUST reiterate that I have an unwavering respect for you, you are a much more learned man than I & you clearly know what you are talking about. I also realise that your vitriolic style is as important in defining your blog-self as my joviality is for mine.
On top of all that your taste in music is pretty much top notch.
I hope that cleared it up a little, I fear I still haven't expressed myself as well as I'd like to.

3. Who would be Gnu Cnu's backing band?
*song breaks down into a simple rhythm running around while enigmatic lead singer takes a sip of some dubious alcoholic beverage & approaches the mic...*
Ladies & Gentlemen, let's hear it for the rarest of beasts, beast being the operative word, a tub-thumper with genuine character, big hair & supreme face pulling skills... on drums... Mr. Stuart Cable (formerly of Stereophonics, for those who don't know)... *outrageously extravagant drum solo complete with gurning*
On Bass, something for the ladies & come on, you can knock his band all you like but they always had killer basslines... It's (a youthful) John Taylor of Duran Duran...
*bass solo so slick you may well slip on it*
On Keyboards & various other technological whistles & bells... some of you may not know him but he's a bona fide musical genius nonetheless... Mr. Alan Wilder (formerly of Depeche Mode)..
*all manner of piano tinkling jiggery pokery & stuff goes on*
And finally on Lead guitar & extremely muted backing vocals (so as not to embarrass yours truly), a visionary who may well look like a satanically possessed imp.. Muse's Matt Bellamy...
*astonishing guitar histrionics ensue until finally...*
We are Gnu Cnu, thankyou & goodnight...
*whole ensemble plough into final chorus of most excellent song before leaving the stage with the sound of 75000 people shouting "More!"*
...
*Flash wakes up*

4. What's eating Gilbert Grape?
No doubt some oblivious hospital patient.

5. In your life, have you ever Jumped The Shark?
Though nothing springs to mind, I'm SURE I must have on countless occasions as I'm quite prone to getting carried away with myself when things go well. Thing is you can't see any sharks when your head's up your own arse. If I remember any I'll post them another time.
In fact this blog may well have jumped the shark very recently...

Thanks for that Mark, I enjoyed that!

Right, now it's my turn to dish some questions out.

Charby:
1. If you had the misfortune to fall head over heels for one of those strange men that don't like football, what would you do?
2. Do you see yourself living in London in 5 years time? If not, where?
3. Why do girls love horses?
4. Ice cream has been banned worldwide & is now regarded with the same moral disdain as drugs. Would you give up or get yourself a dealer at the risk of being criminalised?
5. How would you describe your emotions when you recently had to be naked in the name of art? From disrobing to seeing the finished articles.

Spins:
1. When did you become a veggie & what was the last meat you ate?
2. January? Any redeeming features?
3. Bisexuality? Best of both worlds or twice as much hassle?
4. For what would you sell your soul to the devil? If anything.
5. As a poet & a proud owner of "Confessions of an idiot", may I shamelessly ask you what you think of my lyrics & if you have a favourite line?

So there you have it.
I'm gonna be away from my computer till Sunday as I have some serious babysitting to do (only 5 kids for the whole weekend!), so have a good weekend y'all!

Oh, one more question...
Is it be or has my readership halved over the last week or two?

12 Comments:

  • At 9:53 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    *Waves Arms high in the air* I'm over here...across the pond....waiting...not so patiently...for a moment.....

    I still read, just not in the commenting mood I guess.

    Enjoy the kids....How is Funny Dance, btw.

     
  • At 10:38 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    It's not just you. It seems like things have slowed down a bit in blog world lately, at least until this meme thing started going round.

    Have a great weekend.

     
  • At 11:18 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    good answers, did you ask me questions? i can't remember?

     
  • At 11:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Flash, thanks for the comment. Great blog by the by. Added your link to mine.

     
  • At 12:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yeah, and great answers too. :)

     
  • At 12:19 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    I'm here and reading as always. Will miss you til you're back!

    -H

     
  • At 11:08 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    I'm a kind of occasionally-disappearing reader because I can't often get in to read your blog while I'm at work. (I swear if I see that ACCESS DENIED screen again I'll ...)

    Because of that, I can't even read your previous post and see your answers to my questions! Did you say a rudie or talk about guns or summat?

    Still, I'll be at Damo's tonight so I'll be able to read it from there ...

     
  • At 11:13 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    PS. I don't think Matt Bellamy would be an ideal backing vocalist, somehow. He'd be constantly upstaging you. Best not give him a microphone, and just leave him to fulfil guitar duties. And hope he doesn't tw@t himself in the face with his guitar again.

     
  • At 1:04 pm, Blogger Dzesika said…

    sorry m'dear, i've just been too busy for my own good ...

    long-time reader, first-time commenter! :)

     
  • At 5:11 pm, Blogger LB said…

    no, your readership has halved mate.

    dem are de breaks.

    heh heh heh.

     
  • At 1:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe its not the readership. Maybe its the commentship

     
  • At 10:54 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    I'm only belligerant in order to temper my anger - i'm like gordon brown - wake up angry and go to bed furious...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home