FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, November 21, 2005

"Transport, motorways & tramlines, starting & then stopping, taking off & landing"

Bon sour mon amis!

Well, I've been in Lyon for about 24 hours now.

I arrived last night after a tearful farewell with The Boy & a cuddle-fest with Nice.
The flight was hella-cool! (I have to say this barmy French keyboard is driving me mad already)
For some inexplicable reason I got to travel in club class, just me & no bugger else!
It was ace!
2 trolley dollies attending to my every need! Which in truth was nothing more than "Hello, could I possibly have some more champagne please?"

So far I have seen chuff all of the city other than:
It's undoubtedly excellent metro system, which is clean, spacious, reliable & fully automated!
That's right friends, no drivers!

In addition to this I have just had a brief walk around part of the city, having left my obnoxious superiors to return to the hotel without me, announcing that I needed to see something of the place.

The work itself looks like it's going to be a proper ordeal. Only 11 hours today!
In all seriousness, it's a mess.
The company have landed themselves right in the shit on this one.
Still, it gives me the opportunity to excel & simultaneously earn some decent dosh! Hurrah!

well, it's just gone half 10 here in France so I'd better be heading back to the hotel (which is only a stone's throw from this internet cafe, so I should manage to pop by quite regularly.)

Adieu, my little petit-pous!

On yeah! It's now been over 24 hours since my last cigarette!
Gasping & proud!

11 Comments:

  • At 9:43 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    Congrats on the not smoking!

    Take Care over there.

     
  • At 9:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Flash have you spied up! any French mingers yet?

     
  • At 3:57 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Yay! I knew you'd find a computer.

    That's fantastic about the flight. I got 1st class once on a flight at Christmas...free wine!

    Good luck on the quitting smoking.

     
  • At 4:22 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    Unbelievable! I hope you settle in and like everything. And I'm very impressed with your smoking endeavor!

    :)

     
  • At 8:38 am, Blogger LB said…

    you seemed to have picked up the lingo like a native.

    Bon sour?

    jesus.

     
  • At 11:14 am, Blogger adem said…

    You'll be fluent in no time Monsieur Flash!

     
  • At 11:24 am, Blogger Babs said…

    Could you quit smoking for me, too??

    It would save me a LOT of aggravation lol

     
  • At 1:05 pm, Blogger Dzesika said…

    Yay for the not smoking!

     
  • At 3:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good work on the non-smoking. Owen (at work) says he'll have all your spare fags.

    Hope teh French-thing turns out in your favour. Nice can always come over for a few steamy weekends in Paris so that could be fun too.

    Enjoy.

     
  • At 3:46 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Yay Flash!

     
  • At 6:27 pm, Blogger Jenni said…

    Congrats on going smoke-free!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home