FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Friday, November 04, 2005

"...and I said too much & there's nowhere to go but down"

I was given some disturbing information yesterday.
During a quiet moment in the lab, I popped online & had a quick nose at Cheer Up Alan Shearer.
As I was posting a comment Delusions Of Grandeur came in the lab...
"Ah, having a go on your blog, are you?"
"No"
"I wonder if this'll give me any clues as to how to find YOUR blog"
"I've told you before, Delusions Of Grandeur, you wont find my blog"
"Actually Flash I found your blog months ago"
"Course you did"
"I did"
"Ok What's your name, then?"
"Delusions Of Grandeur"
"...erm, what's Crisp Fiend's then?"
"Crispy friend, or something like that"
"..."
"And I know Buddy With Boobs & Nice Not Hot, who is just Nice these days"
"Oh bugger"

I know that I'd not written anything bad about him so I wasn't really worried about that though he was a trifle upset with me for being "nasty about my sister".
She did really piss me off, I explained to him.

Now this is truly disturbing.
Not because of anything other than the fact that now Delusions Of Grandeur knows far too much about me & my life.

Far

too

much!

Fortunately he & I have been getting along much, much better lately, Which is good because I've packed in late shifts till at least after Christmas, so I have to work closely with him day in, day out. He also claims he hasn't bothered reading this blog in ages (guess even he thinks I'm losing it!).

It still doesn't sit right with me though, any ideas as to what my next move should be?
Is it possible to change the URL of the blog but not it's content?
And what if I have any lurkers who I wouldn't be able to furnish with a new address?

10 Comments:

  • At 9:25 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    Ask Hyde.

    I would be freaked out. As long as you aren't offending the people reading you are safe. Why do you want to run and hide though, this is your soapbox, your thoughts, you shouldn't have to hide or feel them. I understand you not wanting "real" people to know all your dirty secrets, but fuck it. That's life. That's your life.

    Now if he's spread your URL out to everyone who is talked about in it, I'd take him out back and let the bunnies eat him alive.

    : )

    Miss you and your comments...oooooooooo

     
  • At 9:27 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    shouldn't have to hide your feeling I meant. HEHE

     
  • At 9:59 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Feed him to the bunnies.
    That sounds like the way to go to me!

    *waves to DofG!*

     
  • At 6:00 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Bunnies! Bunnies! Bunnies!

    Oh, I'm sorry, I got distracted by all the gore...

    As for the blog, I guess it really depends on whether you feel like it has been compromised to the point that it no longer feels like home. Lurkers can always request a new URL, if that feels like the only option.

     
  • At 6:01 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    My word verification just now was "uhljahbi"...clearly the arabic word for "bloody thirsty bunnies."

     
  • At 1:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There was a time when Delusions of Grandeur, would have been punched out for less.

     
  • At 2:03 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Its all gone black....

     
  • At 2:13 pm, Blogger Brock said…

    Get a new URL.

    Post all the content over (I know there is a way for this, but I don't know what it is yet).

    Change your profile and remove ALL other links to it.

    Change the name (flashywashywoo or flash related names will be easy to google).

    Delete all content on here once the new blog definitely has it.

    Make your existing Blogger profile hidden from public view.

    Leave a last post on here with "I have moved on, anyone wishing to know where can email me at (an address created at hotmail or the like for just this)"

    After a month, delete said email address.

    Who ever said I was devious?

    :)

     
  • At 3:30 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    Woah! As Joey would say.

    It will take some getting use to, but I'll adjust.

    I'll miss the signature green.

    ok, 3 comments for me on one post is a lot. :)

     
  • At 8:17 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    you have 2 options

    1) screw him... continue as you are

    2) do a Tom and delete all your content and start with a clean sheet and a new name.

    I'd play it by ear - no need to do anything hasty.

    ST

     

Post a Comment

<< Home