FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

"All you can do is step back in time"

(Now with new improved Hyde!)

Wonderful things about blogging part 243.
If someone were to ask you what you were up to this time last year would you be able to answer them off the top of your head? Unlikely eh?

Well let us find out. Allow World of Flash to zip back over the last 12 months & remind you what we was going on, on & around May 25th 2005.

Hold on...(whoosh)

Right. Well I was in the process of creating what is possibly my finest piece of music to date & certainly my most popular; "White celebration". I put it out to the world a year ago this week. Blimey!
Other than that I was enthusing about the fantastic Liverpool vs Milan champions league final & making the following proclamation:
"To whomever it may concern, I, Flash of Crapsville, hereby give 48 hours notice of my intention to desist from having non-platonic relationships with women. I feel that over the past 19 years I have given loyal & diligent service to womenkind, however I have become tired of the pretence, the futility &, most of all, the rejection. I feel my life will be much more fulfilling if I concentrate my energies on more rewarding activities such as making music & becoming a better blogger. I take with me many fond memories of my time involved with affairs of the heart & I hope some of the ladies whose lives I have touched will be able to look back & feel a similar fondness. All that remains is to thank those few whose faith has remained & wish the rest of the men better luck than I've had.
Yours defeatedly,
Flash"
Ahem.

Adem was playing cricket & starting to drink at midday to "add some fluidity to his game".

Hammer was preparing for a trip to Washington whilst being driven to despair by her screeching neighbours.
Also in NYC Hyde was no doubt partying hard & cursing Narc for being a twat but her archives have all gone so I can't be sure.
Ah-ha but now I have found them! let's have a look...
Yup, pretty much. It's why I love you baby!

She of the many names just down the road from that part of the world has also deleted her history, bugger.

Sirens were blazing as two fire trucks came to the La Casa de Babs Familius on the fair island of Staten (I've been there!), the cause of all this was an already extinguished Trashburger. Twas all quite the drama.

No drama down in Chicester where Phil had been neglecting his blog. He had been pretty pleased with Star Wars III though & was also speaking of a film called Serenity. Phil? Talking about Serenity? Surely not!

Lordy B meanwhile had been to roam around Rome, had politely turned down a meeting with a girl & her husband(!) in the Reflex bar. He was also loving "Speed of sound" (weren't we all?) & telling us all how he is practically related to Kevin Bacon.

Another one marveling at the Champions league heroics of Liverpool was Stef, he also had posted a pic of somebody dressed as the Death Star (!?) & came out with the following wise words; "As we all know, sausages are the Food of the Gods".

Of course nobody was more thrilled by Liverpool's unlikely comeback than our Weenie who "cried like the girl she is" when Stevie G lifted the trophy. She also was very pleased with her new motor.

Camels & rats had caused Swiss Toni a problem down at the pub quiz, he had also been treating C to a feed at the finest restaurant in Nottingham for her birthday at the expense of the Liverpool game causing him to ponder if there was an anti-sport gene in C's bloodline. Her Brother planned a wedding at the same time as the cricket too. As many of us were at the time, he was also giving us his Star Wars thoughts. Episode III? Pretty good, no more than that.

Over in Toronto Ka was amazed, touched & heartened by the discovery of the Hospitality Club prior to her adventure in Brazil. Back then it used to be a manifesto, y'know? Now it's a full blooded revolution!

Gladys was glad that Bo didn't win American Idol & she missed her train stop because of Sudoku. I wonder if she's yet solved "the little fucker", as she hadn't back then.

"Why am I getting post from Chelmsford? Should I open it?" was the burning question on the lips of Dzesika. Turns out it wasn't a weapon of mass destruction but a randomly sent gift of a Spirograph! What a treat! Used it much Jess? She was also terrorising the local skater punk kids with top volume Barry Manilow! Now that's what I call a weapon!

Scully had been suffering a terrible vacation but had the joy of waving at the Queen. She also asked "Is it wrong to love an air conditioner more than your child?". I wouldn't know but ask me about my I-pod & I'd be struggling!

Telling a story about snogging a pop star, telling us how he'd been in 3 pop videos & running in circles panting with excitement at uber-geek clothing. That's what the ever impressive Mark was up to this time last year.

Aleyca G wasn't with us back then but 2 of my other favourite chicks (I say that but you girls just know that I love you all*wink*) were.

In the wake of my first ever blogger meeting with young Charbs, some upstart on her blog accused me of being "a bit girly". Cheeky bugger! I would've typed a scathing reply but I'd broken a nail! She was also whoo hooing at the prospect of going to Cardiff for the play off final. Hmmph, don't talk to me about play-off finals!

The lovely Spins was going all Hawaiian at work against her will & "being forced to wear a lei and serve treats". It made her Cranky. She was also preparing to jet up to Alaska for a wedding & loving the joys of spring when "a very cute woman noticed me checking her out and checked me out back".

And there you have it, if only Mr. Mystic hadn't left us, he'd be able to tell us all what we'll be doing this time next year.

14 Comments:

  • At 8:50 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    That was so much fun to read! But my archives shouldn't have disappeared... They are linked on my sidebar. If they're messed up, let me know and I"ll try to figure out what's going wrong...

    :)

    love,
    hyde

     
  • At 9:49 pm, Blogger Stef said…

    Wow, a blog timewarp! That was cool.

    The really sad thing is that I can tell you what I was doing five years ago... Recovering from a cold and snowboarding.

     
  • At 12:14 am, Blogger Charby said…

    leeetsss doooo the timewarp aaaagain!

     
  • At 1:56 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    Flashy, I love you too!!! And grrr... you know me too well.

    :)

    h

     
  • At 2:33 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    OMG! Was that all just a year ago?! Wow, it has been a very eventful year for us all.

    (And what is it with my work and Hawaiian themes? I had to wear a lei just a couple months ago again.)

     
  • At 5:50 am, Blogger Jessica said…

    Flashy- you're awesome

     
  • At 2:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Question?
    Is it wrong to break up with your boyfriend through your blog?

    This was an entry on one of my blogs on May 25th 2005.

    Funny, a year later I'm still pondering that very question.

    I believe Charbs is right, I'm in a time warp. Just a step to the riiiiight.

     
  • At 7:20 pm, Blogger adem said…

    My god, doesn't time fly??

    What a waste of a year...and it must have been sunny too for me to be playing cricket.... where did summer go???

    That was a brilliant post Flash. Nice to see what everyone was up to.

     
  • At 8:48 pm, Blogger LB said…

    This very day/moment seven years ago I was crying my eyes out in the Nou Camp stadium as Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's injury time winner hit the back of the net.

    May 26th. Always will be a great day in my world.

     
  • At 8:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Things are more active in blogland now. Or at least I hope them to be. And cheers for stopping by and commenting, means a lot.

     
  • At 8:25 pm, Blogger weenie said…

    LOL - fantastic - that was a great bit of time warping! :)
    Thanks!

     
  • At 12:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That can still be arranged....

     
  • At 6:14 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    tempus fugit, eh flashy? As it happens, a combination of C's birthday and being in France meant I didn't see a ball of the last Test Match either. Tsk. And I missed the champions league final this year as well -- at a Morning Runner gig with Lordy B.

    The World Cup should be safe this year... that wedding postponed from last summer is not until after the final (although I had to point out the date so they knew to avoid it... it was on their provisional list).

    Good post mate.

    ST

     
  • At 1:37 am, Blogger Dzesika said…

    Ha ha! I love it!

    (And yes, I have totally been playing with the Spirograph. Hours of fun, that thing. Am I sad or what?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home