FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Sleeping on a plane, you know you can't complain"

I've been feeling a bit shitty about stuff lately. I've a few things that are affecting me at the moment & that I need to deal with. I'd really don't have the time or the inclination to elaborate on that for the moment but I would like to explore them a little more in time.
Also, I'm very happy to say, none of them involve any dissatisfaction with my love life. It's just everything else.
It think it may all be rooted in age.

Anyway...
This has all been tempered by the quite spiffing news I got today. I'll be able to pack up my troubles in my old kit bag because work want me to go to the Czech Republic for two weeks.
Ace!
Our facility is about 15 miles outside Prague, so I'll hopefully (time & internet permitting) be going back into travel writer mode as I explore the Czech capitol. I fly out Sunday or Monday.
How cool is that? Where is that passport? Why the hell did I never sign up for frequent flyer stuff?

11 Comments:

  • At 10:06 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Your love life is great and you're going to Prague! Count your blessings sir! I'm jealous!

    love,
    h

     
  • At 10:27 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    It sounds like a bit of a break is needed. Prague...gods, but your a jetsetter (that's France, US, Germany and now Czechoslovakia for those keeping track of the last year's travels!).

     
  • At 10:44 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!!!!

     
  • At 10:44 pm, Blogger Cody Bones said…

    Wow, and I was excited to be going to Wisconsin for the weekend. Good luck, and enjoy the Pilsner-Urquell.

     
  • At 10:56 pm, Blogger adem said…

    Check out Captain Nemo's when you are over there.... some very classy ladies that are willing to dance for you.

    Also I was in Calais last week and
    spotted this
    (...tampons?..what's that all about?)

     
  • At 11:21 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    I'm coming too!

    Wait, I can't...damn it.

    Enjoy the two weeks. Can't wait for pics and a detailed story.

    Go to the beer circle....that's not the name, but the park where they serve you pints of beer.

    ooooo

     
  • At 12:50 pm, Blogger weenie said…

    Fantastic! And it's never too late to sign up for frequent flyer stuff!

     
  • At 5:18 pm, Blogger Stef said…

    Spiffing news indeed! Have a few beers for me, OK?

     
  • At 9:50 am, Blogger Dzesika said…

    Ooh, Prague is lovely .... have a great time!

     
  • At 10:24 am, Blogger Babs said…

    Damn. I need a job like that!!

     
  • At 9:53 pm, Blogger Cody Bones said…

    Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home