FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, February 26, 2004

"You are the latest contender..."

Boy, do we have a lot to catch up on. On Monday morning as I got into bed I texted Miss A & Miss B. A replied straight away. We sent a couple of messages each & then she suggested a quick chat. Our quick chat lasted 2 & a half hours! It was great, we got on really well & I had her really laughing! She sounded cool & a little mad! I’ve always liked a touch of madness in my women. Eventually it was decided that I should go & see her for lunch. I agreed despite the fact I’d had no sleep since Sunday morning and that she live a hundred miles away in Braintree, Essex. Still I thought it would be an adventure, a tonic to spruce up my life of monotony. She described herself as having a shock of blond hair, 5’8” & wearing a rainbow coloured coat & rainbow jeans. So I got cleaned up & headed off to meet Rainbow Girl. I went cross-country as opposed to the motorway & arrived about 2.30. We’d arranged to meet at Sainsburys. After about 5 minutes she appeared. I couldn’t miss her; she was a resplendent splash of colour in a sea of grey. I liked that. I walked over & said, “You must be Rainbow Girl”. We shared an awkward hug & then went to a pub on the town square. It was a nice pub & we chatted for ages, it went really well. Then we had to go & pick up her car from a garage, get KFC (which I resisted) for her eldest & go to her house. We then returned to the pub on foot. By this time it was apparent that I wouldn’t be going to see Easyworld after all. She said I should have a proper drink as I’d been on cokes since I had a pint when I arrived. I explained how I couldn’t because I had to drive home. “Sleep on my sofa” – “Ok, let’s drink!” I didn’t have to be in Crapsville to see The Boy till 3 the next day so why not? As the night drew on we laughed, we flirted, we argued about Britney’s hotness & we simply had lots of fun. I really liked this slightly mad woman & I fancied her too. I got the feeling this may have been mutual. We stumbled back to hers after chucking out time & after a coffee she went to bed & I slept on the sofa. I was very, very tired & went off almost instantaneously.
She woke me at 6am! The kids would be up in a minute & she’d rather I was up. Fair enough. I liked Rainbow Girl’s kids even though I only spent a couple of hours around them. I’ve since been told that they liked me too, which is nice. Rainbow Girl left to take them to school, when she returned she said she wanted to lie down on her bed & that I should join her. So we laid there for a couple of hours, chatting & laughing. The whole time I really wanted to kiss her but like the fool that I am struggled to gain the courage to make that first move. With the clock ticking towards my departure time I finally leant in & gave her a kiss. And it was one hell of a kiss, soft, slow & lingering to which she responded fully. All the while my fingers were gently stroking her neck or in the back of her hair. It was a beautiful first kiss, a kiss of such quality I shall forever be proud of it. This was not all good though. Rainbow Girl fixed her glare on me & said, “You can’t kiss a woman like that & then just go!” She was right, I didn’t want to go & she didn’t want me to. So I phoned Temper Tantrum & asked her if she could pick The Boy up from school & I’d arrive a couple of hours later. “No, I’ve made plans now” was her curt reply. Rainbow Girl being a single mum insisted that I shouldn’t let The Boy down. So I had to leave. It was desperately obvious that if I wasn’t going we’d be having sex. So we kissed goodbye & I set off for Crapsville. I was livid, absolutely fucking gutted. I’d got about 10 miles when I got a text from Rainbow Girl saying I’d left her confused & frustrated but she wasn’t hungry anymore. When another came a minute later saying “ well not for food anyway!” I should’ve done a handbrake turn there & then. Instead I ploughed on: M11, M25, M1 all at 90mph wearing a face like thunder. I would’ve cheerfully strangled anyone who got in my way during those 2 hours. I got to Crapsville at quarter past 3 & spent the next few hours with The Boy watching Return of the Jedi & having several lightsaber duels- all of which I had to lose!I didn’t resent The Boy one iota but I was full of contempt for Temper Tantrum. However, there was no way I was going to allow her the glee of knowing she had cost me my first shag for 10 long fucking months! I went round to see Funny Dance for a couple of hours before work & told him the tale, much to his friendly amusement. Then at work I spent another couple of hours on the phone to Rainbow Girl. Again it was great. We talked a lot about the kiss I “should have never have given”. She told me I’d left her frustrated, throbbing & soaking wet. That’s never a bad thing to hear is it? Come 6.30 Wednesday morning when I got home I was absolutely knackered having only had 6 hours sleep since Sunday morning. I slept like the proverbial log. Yesterday passed without incident though throughout I’ve been jolly, bouncy & refreshed. I shall call Rainbow Girl again tonight, somehow we have to find a mutually agreeable time for a second visit because as we are both very aware, we have unfinished business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home