FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, March 01, 2004

"...the day before you came"

Much to report. Been having lots of fun talking to & texting Rainbow Girl. Some good flirting too. I do like her but the distance between us means I can’t let either of us get carried away. I have also had a couple of texts from miss B whom I fear I’m not suited to at all, this fear may be groundless though I shall continue to investigate. Another message was left for me yesterday from Miss C. I just checked it out & she sounds nice enough. Her biggest draw at present is that she “lives in a small town called Crapsville”. I will phone her when I’ve mustered up the courage for such a daunting task. It’s silly but I kind of feel a bit bad regarding Rainbow Girl, almost like I’m cheating on her, which obviously I’m not.
Went out last night on a work trip to greyhound racing in Birmingham. I had a great time, got a bit drunk, lost all my pissing money & best of all got re-acquainted with my old mate Go On Gamble. We used to be really good mates when he worked with me. We had a common love for music, football & gambling (which at the time cost me dear). I never go near fruit machines these days & that’s all down to Go On Gamble! It was great to see him & we had some real belly laughs on the bus journey home. Also fun on the bus: Big J & his mate Big V. Big J & I had established a couple of days previously that his other friend The Portugeezer is Temper Tantrum’s new boyfriend. Big V wasn’t aware of who I was other Flash – a bit of a character. They got onto the subject of why The Potugeezer didn’t come on the trip. Big V moaned that it was because he’s under the thumb with his new missus & that he doesn’t know what the hell he sees in her. I was smirking for England! Lovely moment. Apparently The Boy is set to meet The Portugeezer this week, which I hope goes well for both of them. It’s a good sign that Temper Tantrum is happy with him, which is nice.
Just been very reckless on e-bay. I’d already bought a drum machine for £31 earlier today. It’s a TR505 that I used to use at school on my early “works” such as “Backlash” & “State of confusion”. It’s a smashing bit of kit that I hope will move our stuttering recording “career” onwards. Anyway I digress, Dream Girl asked me to buy Reckless a camera phone for her birthday gift to him. I duly landed a rather lovely Nokia 7250 for him at £113. This was fine, within her budget & done with enough time to arrive before the big day. 20 minutes later I had paid nearly 90 quid for a camera phone of my own. A Sagem myx-6 (I think!). I have wanted one for a while but the childish little spoilt brat in me couldn’t let Reckless have one while I struggled on with my 3510 that incenses me everytime I have to press *. Since coffee got spilt on it around Xmas it’s been a right pain so a replacement was on the horizon, that said I shouldn’t have been so rash & so envious. I’m a bad man. A bad man with a camera phone though! Yay! With that in mind I’m not gonna look on e-bay anymore this week as with P&P costs I’ve already spent £130. It may even be time to sell a thing or two.
Well it only remains to be said that at this time last year (well sort of because there was no Feb 29th last year) I was blissfully unaware of how my life was gonna skew onto a very different & bittersweet path within the following 24 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home