FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

"Do you worry about your health, do you watch it slowly change?"

I’ve been quite happy & jolly today, I’ve enjoyed the day. I have decided that I will stop smoking tonight at midnight. No more. It’s a drain on my cashflow, it’s shackling my singing voice & - Let’s face facts – it’s killing me. Now I’ve been here hundreds of times but I am truly determined this time. I will need to show the same level of resolution as when I refused to go back to Temper Tantrum & when I committed to writing this diary. I also will be striving to eat more sensibly, though this will prove extremely difficult in conjunction with not smoking.
I feel a strong desire to be creative. I haven’t written a song since “Egg wielding freak” which must’ve been October or November. One thing that keeps putting me off is the number of songs that are stacking up in my head & not making their way to guitar world. Since we had our creative spurt last spring nothing has really hammered home. My sincere hope is that one day these titles might mean something to someone: “Hate farm”, “My worthless friend”, “Upon the scales” & “Haunted” all came together within a month or so, but since then I’ve got “Resistance is futile”, “Jack White” & “Secondbest” all fully formed in my head, they just need to be nurtured. Reckless needs to give them some attention which to be fair isn’t always easy.
LIST ALERT!! LIST ALERT!!
Here is a list of all the songs that are formed enough in my head or in guitarland that could be considered recordable: Feel free to skip ahead
Frog
My worthless friend
Haunted
Hate farm
The truth about you
Love of my night
Big lover
Upon the scales
Egg wielding freak
All too human
Secondbest
Jack White
Resistance is futile

I tell you what, that would make a fucking cracking album! Suppose you’ll have to take my word for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home