FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, August 22, 2004

"I haven't got it all figured out just yet"

Tonight I have been pondering...
A very important issue: if I was an album, which album would I be?
I think I have it narrowed down to 5.
1> Ok Computer by Radiohead
Genius, deep, emotional, unforgettable, clever & with an undercurrent of darkness.
2>Kill the last romantic by Easyworld
Beautiful, eloquent, makes you cry, makes you smile, makes you want to hold it in your arms & give it the biggest cuddle ever, only known to a small but lucky few & it's unlikely that will change.
3>Urban hymns by The Verve
At times utterly inspired & breathtaking (Bittersweet symphony & The drugs don't work), other occasional glimpses of greatness but on the whole nowhere near as good as it likes to think it is
4>Coming up by Suede
Upbeat, drug addled, alcohol soaked fun, big tunes for big times, always leaves you feeling fulfilled while not demanding too much work from you, an old favourite that refuses to grow old
5>K by Kula shaker
Complete codswallop, appeal fades within minutes, should really tell it how crap it is but don't want to make it feel bad, left to rot on shelf forever hoping to maybe get put on by accident, it lives in hope but knows nothing will ever come of it (Christ! it lives between the KLF & the even worse 2nd Kula shaker album!), should probably be put out of it's misery.

There you go, I know which one I am & I know which one I'd like to be.
Feel free to let me your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home