FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, November 15, 2004

"Never done nothin' like that before"

First things first.
As I'd like to avoid a trans-Atlantic slap round the chops let me expand upon yesterday's post.
It was mid afternoon, The Boy had just gone home & I'd sunken into one of those horrible can't be arsed to do anything moods. So I was lying on the sofa watching crap telly when the phone rang. It was of course Namesake & he very kindly took me out for a few beers. Nothing more than 2 or 3 pints & a catch up but it lifted my spirits no end. Then when I got in I figured I'd finish of my rather lovely bottle of red. Nice.

I'm duty bound not to reveal any detail but I had an unexpected & incredible experience on Saturday night. It was something quite wonderful.

Let me tell you something else that is wonderful: Reason, my recording studio computer program thingy. Today I have completed another song for the "album". "Leave the poor girl alone" is in the bag. And it's bloody ace!!
Every time I use Reason I figure out how to do something else, so I'm saving my best songs till last.
Why oh why oh why was there not something like this when I was 18?
By now I could've been lying on a deserted beach with Kylie at my side, drinking Champagne to celebrate the multi-platinum status of my landmark 5th album "Cheese, Disease & Trees", reading scripts for Hollywood blockbusters & choosing the Setlist for my forthcoming live extravaganza at the re-opening of Wembley stadium.
Instead I'm worrying about how to get some fags tomorrow with no money.
Bugger.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:53 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    I'm glad you had a wonderful night Sat. I also don't see why your dreams can't come true. You would make a perfect couple, but she's an older woman. Is that what you want?

     
  • At 2:36 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Yes

     
  • At 7:44 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    Good Luck to you!

     
  • At 5:15 am, Blogger GJC said…

    "Trans-Atlantic slap round the chops..." Hee...I rescind my slap-threat. :)

    You have Reason; I have GarageBand. Or at least, I SHOULD have GarageBand. It is the bane of my life that even though my whole 73-hour workweek revolves around Macintoshes, I'm sufficiently broke to not be able to afford to get a proper one for myself and spend my lonely hours mucking around with GarageBand, which is easily amongst the coolest things I've ever seen, ever. But it falls squarely under the heading of "This would have been extremely useful TEN YEARS AGO!"

     
  • At 2:04 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    Your wish came true, DM is making a new album!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home