FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

"You're the cause of all this & I'm sick of trying to please you"

So the party...
Dream Girl had made a sensational effort on the house, it was halloween-decorated to within an inch of it's life. The costumes were also exception. I had a blood-drenched white coat & a crazy silver wig with a bald bit at the front. Dream Girl painted my face grey with wrinkles to complete the job. I looked ace.
Incredibly I was told twice (yes, twice!) that I looked very sexy. Both people were drunk.
The first was a 14 year old girl who was being egged on by her mother! Er, hello, is it me you want to get arrested??
The second was Reckless' older sister who was absolutely comedy drunk. Bless her she's not exactly Kylie if you know what I mean. At one point she was sitting next to me as I was having a fag on the garden steps. She was stroking my leg, blissfully oblivious to her husband & her brother not looking in any way blissful, telling me how lovely I am.
I actually didn't have that great a time. Appropriately enough some of my ghosts & demons made an appearance & I struggled to deal with it. Not that anyone would have noticed at the time as I buried it deep, a skill that I've had to become very adept at. I have been dealing with it over the last few days which partially explains my absence from blogland.

I have only been at work for 2 hours this week. I'm not skiving I can assure you. My back pain has now morphed into an odd pain to the side of my back, strecthing from my kidney area (gulp) to halfway down my right thigh. Frankly people I am scared. I am also in alot of pain whenever I move.

There has been a silver lining though, work on my "album" is coming on well. I'm not doing any vocals yet as my voice still isn't at peak performance levels. Aside from the singing I've completed "The love of my night" which is probably my chirpiest tune. It's about a girl called CrazySexyLady who was the best one night stand ever. We both said at the time it was like making love not shagging. The whole night was absolutely perfect. As it turned out we did see each other again a couple of months later when I recieved a booty call at 2 in the morning. She was great but as always seems to be the way she was already with somebody else.
The other song I've almost finished is a brand new effort called "Nothing's changed". I started off trying to make it atmospheric & ambient in texture. It's ended up a bit Nine Inch Nails! Ace!
So it's a quarter complete already, Yay!
If any of you would like a copy when it's done let me know, I'll be happy to give you one! (Fnar, fnar)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 am, Blogger shorty said…

    Welcome Back. I'm no doctor, but what it sounds like you may have is a pinched nerve. If that is the case, you just have to suffer through it. I'm sorry to hear the Halloween Party didn't live up to your expectations. Next Year maybe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home