FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Saturday, December 11, 2004

"I give to you"

Ladies & gentlemen may I present Mr. David J Ford's (Lead singer & indeed, main man of Easyworld) acceptance speech for the Flashy award for best cover version....

.... (clear throat, wipe forehead, smile, shake head, nod, gesture to audience to cease applause)....wow, i mean like...wow. I really didn't expect this it's like...totally unexpected... i... well i really didn't expect this.... really. (produce from pocket 37 cue cards) ...i'd like to thank the judging panel for their impeccable judgement and i'd like to add how much i appreciate the recognition of the importance of quality cover versions in contemporary music. Some may say "well if you wrote some good songs you wouldn't have to resort to such crass and cheap measures as bastardising other peoples work and highjacking the talents of those vastly superior to yourself in an attempt to desperately better the pityful level of commercial success and critical recognition your work so far has afforded you." To these people i say simply.... fuck off, i won and you didn't... (lift plastic trophy, exit)....

People, I shit you not! Mr. Ford has just left these very words in my inbox. To him I say: Thankyou, You're a 100% diamond. To everyone else I say: How many top 30 chart acts are on your blog?
Yay!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:28 am, Blogger shorty said…

    I warn you, I'm pretty buzzed while I write this, but I mean every word.

    Get the fuck out, he really wrote that.

    You are the man Flash. You do deserve best blog, I take back my other comment.

     
  • At 5:47 am, Blogger shorty said…

    P.S. What were you doing home so early??? The flirting didn't go as planned? Or is she flossing in the bathroom???

     
  • At 6:51 am, Blogger Chapstick said…

    Wow, with my sudden lack of computer, I havn't had a chance to read up on your blog. The Flashys were sweet beyond anything, and that reply... wow, Flash that rocks.

     
  • At 11:52 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    I'd have to agree that that is pretty cool
    If i knew who they were, I'd probably say it was awesome. But I don't so its jsut very cool
    (apologises for any bad spelling or grammer, just come back from 12 hours in the pub)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home